Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a 2015 2LT with the RSPackage. I wanted the 2015 because it was the last year with the 100,0005yr powertrain warranty.

I had to get one with the RS Package because I wanted foglights. I’ve been looking for about a year to replacemy 2014. The 2LT with RS are hard tofind.

I probably paid too much--$16995 plus $599processing fee but it is the car I wanted & only had 5200 miles. Of course it also came loaded with nav,moonroof, etc that I didn't want & don’t use.

Tell me if I am crazy but the seats in this2015 appear to have more padding than those in 2014. Anybody else notice this? The 2014 had the light tan, the 2015 hasblack.

There is also difference in the maintenanceschedule in the Cruze Manual. The 2014 didn’thave a replace break fluid until 150,000 the 2015 Manual recommends replacingat 45,000; 90,000: 130,000.

The little cabinet in the center top of thedash in the 2014 is not in the 2015. Iwill miss that as a place to store things.

Are the other changes between 2014 &2015 I haven’t noticed?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I finally found a 2015 2LT with the RSPackage. I wanted the 2015 because it was the last year with the 100,0005yr powertrain warranty.

I had to get one with the RS Package because I wanted foglights. I’ve been looking for about a year to replacemy 2014. The 2LT with RS are hard tofind.

I probably paid too much--$16995 plus $599processing fee but it is the car I wanted & only had 5200 miles. Of course it also came loaded with nav,moonroof, etc that I didn't want & don’t use.

Tell me if I am crazy but the seats in this2015 appear to have more padding than those in 2014. Anybody else notice this? The 2014 had the light tan, the 2015 hasblack.

There is also difference in the maintenanceschedule in the Cruze Manual. The 2014 didn’thave a replace break fluid until 150,000 the 2015 Manual recommends replacingat 45,000; 90,000: 130,000.

The little cabinet in the center top of thedash in the 2014 is not in the 2015. Iwill miss that as a place to store things.

Are the other changes between 2014 &2015 I haven’t noticed?
The obviously different front bumper, the fact you can have in car wifi, the door lock button is located on the door instead of the console, which was replaced with an actual trunk button. Those are the few things I can think of off the top of my head. Whether or not the seats are different, I don't believe so, could just be that since they're newer they're more padded feeling.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
The seats are probably identical; the 2015 pretty much just rode out the Cruze's legacy with a slight face refresh and feature update. I found the 1st gen leather seats to be rather stiff & uncomfortable. It is possible the black leather material is softer.

GM did update the maintenance requirements as the car went through the years; typically, we recommend looking at the newer manuals for those intervals, as they are best represented. Brake fluid, for instance, does indeed have a life of ~3 years before it should be replaced.

As others have said, the front fascia was updated with blue/white-ish DRLs (which look a bit odd with the halogen lights), MyLink was updated slightly, and the interior was decontented on 1LT models (they lost the leather-wrapped wheel in favor of the plastic wheel from a LS). I believe 1LT RS models also lost the Z-link rear suspension for the 2015 MY, if it wasn't 2014 (regular 1LT's lost that after the 2012 MY). The antenna on the top of the car is shaped differently to allow for the LTE antenna to be integrated. It feels like the engine programming was changed (again) slightly to stick to higher gears as long as possible in the AT and run better on low octane fuel.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
It's missing/replaced by a speaker if you have the 9-speaker sound option. I suspect the Chevy just decided to stick with the speaker grill for all versions. One less part to deal with.

If you don't have the 9-speaker option, you might be able to buy the compartment for a 2014 and swap it out.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I thought the 2014 was the last year of the 100k mile warranty. Wifi is not available in the 14, 15 was the first year, I'm almost sure

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The more I drive the 2015 to less I like it. It is just not as peppy as my 2014. The suspension also seems more springy like in a sedan rather than sports car. I had the cars parked side by side this weekend & the 2015 is longer than the 2014 though Edmunds says they are the same dimensions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's missing/replaced by a speaker if you have the 9-speaker sound option. I suspect the Chevy just decided to stick with the speaker grill for all versions. One less part to deal with.

If you don't have the 9-speaker option, you might be able to buy the compartment for a 2014 and swap it out.
my 15 does have premium sound but not pioneer, it does have a grill there i will check to see if there is a speaker there or not.. I didn't think they would put a grill and NOT put a speaker lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
my buddy has a 12 eco and i just got a 15 1LT and we were looking at the differences to which most have already been stated here but i will just go down the list as i think of them

Front Bumper with LED's
Door lock switch on door, old button is now trunk pop button
his number 6 on his shifter is green and mine is not
sunglasses glove box has been switched to a speaker grille
his car has 17's and my car has 16's (seems smoother ride)
his steering wheel lower area is silver and mine is black
his rear bumper has the little circles on it (sensors?) and mine does not
his has old gameboy style screen radio and mine has touchscreen mylink
mine also has backup camera and his does not but his does beep when hes close to stuff and mine does not

thats most of what we found was different, his lifetime MPG is slightly higher than my shorter span, hes just under 40mpg (100% stock but ECO model) and im at 36.5MPG with a K&N Typhoon installed for about 300 miles (1LT model)

both cars are 1.4L MT 6-Speed Transmissions, his with about 90k and mine with 18k

1 - 12 of 12 Posts