Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove a 2015 LTZ today & could not believe the harder ride between it & my 2014 2LT. I thought the 2LT & the LTZ had the same suspension. The LTZ has 18 versus 17 inch rim tires. Could I put a 17 inch rim tire on the LTZ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
The LTZ has more performance tires that the LT so it will ride stiffer. The LTZ can take 17 inch tires just make sure they match the correct size so your speedometer is correct.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
By correct size do you mean the same width & the same height?
Will going down to a 17 inch rim improve the ride?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK Thanks
That means I can increase the height of the tire from the 45 currently on the LTZ.
I'm told increasing the height of the tire gives a better ride.

·
Super Moderator
7,782 Posts
Same circumference (first number in tire size). For example, 2014 Cruze's shared the 225 circumference across 17 inch and 18 inch rims. My '14 Cruze 1LT has 215 tire circumference though since it is a 16 inch rim.
The first number is the width of the tire in millimetres at cross section.

The second number is the percentage of the height of the tire to the width of the tire; again at cross section.

The third number is the diameter of the wheel in inches.

All three numbers factored together will give you the diameter of the wheel/tire package.

Circumference is calculated by multiplying the diameter of the wheel/tire package by Pi (3.14...)

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess my questions is can I use the 225-50R-17 tires I currently have on my 2LT on an LTZ that currently has 225-45R-18 tires without affecting the speedometer?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I guess my questions is can I use the 225-50R-17 tires I currently have on my 2LT on an LTZ that currently has 225-45R-18 tires without affecting the speedometer?
at 60 mph the speedo will be off by .2 mph, 90 mph .3mph

speedo will be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts