Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Difference between wr6 and wr7 in wheel description

4095 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  plano-doug
Hello Friends, I'm in need of replacing 1 wheel. However I'm unable to determine if I have a wheel designation of a wr6 or wr7 wheel.

What is the difference and how can I tell which one I have?

2014 LS 1.4 turbo, original 16 wheels
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Hello Friends, I'm in need of replacing 1 wheel. However I'm unable to determine if I have a wheel designation of a wr6 or wr7 wheel.

What is the difference and how can I tell which one I have?

2014 LS 1.4 turbo, original 16 wheels
I did a little googling. These links seem to indicate the WR7 has a shinier finish.

HTH.
Doug

WR6: "Finish/Direction: MACH/SILVER OPTN WR6 "

WR7: "Finish/Direction: SILVER SPARKLE, OPT WR7 "

See less See more
I did a little googling. These links seem to indicate the WR7 has a shinier finish.

HTH.
Doug

WR6: "Finish/Direction: MACH/SILVER OPTN WR6 "

WR7: "Finish/Direction: SILVER SPARKLE, OPT WR7 "

Doug,

This looks like some info I am missing from my chart. Is the WR6 and WR7 codes, RPO codes? And what years besides the 2014 were they available on?

Doug,

This looks like some info I am missing from my chart. Is the WR6 and WR7 codes, RPO codes? And what years besides the 2014 were they available on?

I too wondered if they were RPOs, but a quick look yesterday was fruitless. However, further poking today finds WR6:

WR6 - WHEEL - 16 X 6.5, J, ALUMINUM, DESIGN 8​

No hits on WR7 (yet), but I'm sure it ls.

Not sure what years they were available.

Doug

See less See more
Reactions: 1
Not sure what years [WR6 wheels] were available.
I have Cruze RPO code lists for 2017, 2018 and 2019, and no presence of WR6 or WR7 there.

I see WR6 in a list I have from 2011. It shows up here as well, but that list seems to span multiple years.

There's a GM-affiliated website where model specific RPO lists can be downloaded - danged if I can find it now - but a login is needed for anything before ~2017. That would be a great resource for us. I'll post the URL when I find it.

I was able to download the 2017-2019 RPO lists without a login, and I've attached those for you to re-post in a suitable thread(s).

Anything else I come up with regarding the wheels, I'll post back here.

Doug

Attachments

See less See more
That would be a great resource for us. I'll post the URL when I find it.
Here's the website for the RPO lists and other stuff:

Now we need a member here with a login :)

Also, I've attached another doc showing the available options, but this is for 2018 only. It gives much more detail for the various RPO's that year.

I also have a really cool 30-page brochure for 2018, but it's 8MB, way too big to upload here.

Doug

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.