Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I am new here this is my first post but I have stalked the forums for a while just now getting around to making an account. I finally have enough to buy a set of coilovers and have narrowed my options down to Ksports BC racing and Bilsteins... the KSports offer 36 dampening settings for around 850 while the BC Racing offer 30 dampening settings for around 950. And then there are the bilsteins which are only height adjustable and run about 850 bucks. If anyone has any info that can help me make a choice on these coilovers I would greatly appreciate it. My goal is to have a better stance, nothing crazy just drop my ride height and inch or more while still maintaining a comfortable ride (I live in Illinois so we don’t have the best road conditions) I have considered lowering springs but I just don’t think they’ll do the trick but I could be wrong. I plan on getting rims in a month or two (don’t want to break the bank all at once) I have a 2015 2lt with the 1.4 liter motor. Again any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,268 Posts
Forget about IT ! You will run into more problems than you will be able to figure out and have to come back here crying about how you are unable to adjust or even get your busted coil overs off .. especially here in Illinois with all of these horrid pot holes and road salt every winter . Bad idea in this environment . Remember you live in the rust belt ............

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forget about IT ! You will run into more problems than you will be able to figure out and have to come back here crying about how you are unable to adjust or even get your busted coil overs off .. especially here in Illinois with all of these horrid pot holes and road salt every winter . Bad idea in this environment . Remember you live in the rust belt ............
5 months down the road and zero problems... literally the most simple install ever... worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,268 Posts
That's Nice .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did you end up going with? some guys are super salty here, lol
Sorry for the late reply but I went with the bc racing coilovers very good quality ride was stiff but I went pretty low so I had to make it stiff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Here’s a pic with stock wheels, I ended dropping it another half inch from where it’s at in the pic but I don’t have any pics with those wheels at the height it sits at now.. maybe I’ll take a pic tomorrow since I put the stock wheels on for winter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here’s one at stock height in the same location for anyone curious at the amount of drop

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Currently with the stock wheels the center of the fender arches is 25 inches from the ground

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,442 Posts
Currently with the stock wheels the center of the fender arches is 25 inches from the ground

Brian might be salty, but he's right, depending on where you live. I'm lowered, live in the rust belt, and have cursed many a time and came close quite a few times to jackin' er back up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brian might be salty, but he's right, depending on where you live. I'm lowered, live in the rust belt, and have cursed many a time and came close quite a few times to jackin' er back up.
I live in northern Illinois so I see my fair share of crappy weather but have had zero issues (but we have had a very mild winter so far)

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,442 Posts
I live in northern Illinois so I see my fair share of crappy weather but have had zero issues (but we have had a very mild winter so far)

I live north of you, just across the state line. How long have they been installed, is it a DD, do you park in the garage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live north of you, just across the state line. How long have they been installed, is it a DD, do you park in the garage?
Sorry for the late reply again not on here very frequently... the coilovers have been on the car for about a year now give or take... it is a dd and is parked outside but under a carport

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
The B14 kit is IMO the best. Mono tube shocks, springs and shocks matches for a perfect tune, no adjustment needed in compression and rebound since they tested and found the optimal setting, you can rebuild them if needed and their company isn’t going out of business soon or junk made in China/Vietnam, I’ve ridden on k sport other cars and hated it. I’ve never ridden on a car with bilstien that I did not like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts