Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a DD 1508 sc looking to put in my car. Love the thing! But I work at BestBuy (I do get a discount) and I'm trying to find an amp to power it. What do yoy guys think or does anyone have a good amp up for grabs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
I suggest that you look at crutcfields first ..you will want to match that DD with a proper amp .I am talking about specifics of each component you are going to be matching with Ie wattage , ohms , to be specific ...your money your choice..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well I have some gift cards and what not for work that I really wanna use so trying to find maybe a nice alpine there or something... But i could prolly muster up 200. Saw some arc Audio thst I might get.

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
It is almost standard if you have a dd sub you get a US AMP.... amp that is what most people do. 500 RMS is what you need, how long you want it to last, how clean the power , and how much you want to spend is what you need to decide.

the sub will handle more but you need at least 500 rms*

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
It is almost standard if you have a dd sub you get a US AMP.... amp that is what most people do. 500 RMS is what you need, how long you want it to last, how clean the power , and how much you want to spend is what you need to decide.

the sub will handle more but you need at least 500 rms*
What I wouldn't give for a US AMPS amplifi....errrr.....surfboard. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 1st amp was a used US150 I used to get laughed at, it was smaller than a steno pad and was 150 watts @ 4 ohms, 300 @ 2 and it seemed like it was doing triple that. Best amp I ever owned. And I'm pushing 1000w now on my new amp but there was just something about old school power that always impressed me.

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
My 1st amp was a used US150 I used to get laughed at, it was smaller than a steno pad and was 150 watts @ 4 ohms, 300 @ 2 and it seemed like it was doing triple that. Best amp I ever owned. And I'm pushing 1000w now on my new amp but there was just something about old school power that always impressed me.

Bandwidth. Many new amps don't have that same bandwidth. Also, underrated to ****.

The VLX400 that I posted a picture of was rated at 200W x 2 @ 4 ohm.

Or...2400W RMS @ 1 ohm...at 12V.

Not rated, but with a strong electrical, people have benched them at 3500W @ 0.5 ohm...at 12V.

And some people say you could run them at 24V...

Basically, the last amp you'd ever need...if you had the electrical needed to power it. People said it could pull 350-400 AMPS (as in, amperes).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts