Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2011 cruze eco 6speed and I love the car except for the fact that the trunk has several dings in it just from closing the trunk.I have seen 4 total.Is the stamping weak on some 2011s?does the eco have thinner metal in the trunk area?I have never had a car that dings just from closing the trunk.(which I do every day when I get my workboots from the trunk )This is enough to make me wonder whether I should get another cruze.This car is leased runs out in about a year from now and if they try to bang me or blame me for this I am going to get a a Dodge Dart or Hyundai Elantra maybe,dont know have to drive them first.I dont slam it hard but you know you have to be firm with it to get it to close.This is on the area on top of the trunk.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
After a week of owning my 12' we had a tornado nearby that caused some good size hail and most of the damage was on my trunk lid. Seems to me that the trunk metal is not as strong as the roof or hood.

·
10,713 Posts
My trunk is fine, its my hood that took damage from squirels dropping accorns on it. For a car that weighs this much, the body panels seem to not be whats weighing the car down. Suprised the eco doesn't have plastic doors and fenders like saturns did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts