Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
15,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having wasted my money on some Chinese 194 LEDs a year back that ended up failing, I was awarded a pair of these by winning MOTM last month, and bought another pair as well. These two pairs got installed in my side markers and my license plate lights. My goal was to find something that resembled the Philips Xtreme Vision lamps I have in the headlight housings, which are a bright, pure white. For the HP3 LEDs, I chose the "warm white" color. I'm happy to report they are exactly what I was looking for. A bright, pure white that is subtly whiter than OEM but without any tint of blue, and quite a lot brighter.

My intent was to brighten the side markers a bit so I could be seen better at night from the side, and to brighten the license plate lights as well, but without making it obvious that I'm running LEDs. These were exactly that. It's a significant upgrade in output and just the right color temperature.

I highly recommend these or the HP5 to anyone who wants a lighting upgrade while still looking like they came that way from the factory.

·
Administrator
15,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap those are bright
I'll try to get a comparison pic to the OEM lights later so you can see the difference, but yes, they are bright. In hindsight, I probably should have gone with the HP5 in the side markers, but there's still time for that.

·
Administrator
15,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well lets see it :tongue:
I'll take a side shot when it gets dark again. Didn't get a chance to take those, and I won't be able to post a comparison to OEM, but at least you'll get an idea of how bright they are.

·
Administrator
15,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No way man, those are awesome backing up in the dark blows on our car in fact most cars. I think its a safety thing that isnt on all the time to annoy others. I think im gonna buy a set for me and my wife.
The HP5 are brighter than the HP3 and I'm referring to the little yellow lenses on the side of the front bumpers. The license plate lights are a bit brighter and I'm now contemplating upgrading the reverse back-up lights as well.

I'm glad Diode Dynamics is here to offer these products to our community. I'll stand behind them and these products.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
So "warm white" is only "warm" in comparison to the usual "LED White"? It's really more of a "pure white"? Darn, I wish I knew that before placing my order.

I hope to do a side-by-side with OEM and SMD1, SMD2 and HP3 lights this weekend.

Just as a question - not that I expect to be fleeing "the scene of the crime", but why would you want a license place light to be brighter than stock? The others I understand. I'm not so clear about the license plate.

·
Administrator
15,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So "warm white" is only "warm" in comparison to the usual "LED White"? It's really more of a "pure white"? Darn, I wish I knew that before placing my order.

I hope to do a side-by-side with OEM and SMD1, SMD2 and HP3 lights this weekend.

Just as a question - not that I expect to be fleeing "the scene of the crime", but why would you want a license place light to be brighter than stock? The others I understand. I'm not so clear about the license plate.
Indeed it is more of a pure white.

I have the license plate lights just for better lighting in general. There's not really a reason, just to have the pure white look instead of the warm white look.

·
Administrator
15,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you put these in your side lights yet? And what are your thoughts between using a white light vs a yellow or red light?
I've had them in the side lights from the beginning. The yellow lenses on the bumpers. Use the warm white LEDs for those. They work very well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts