Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my first diesel, I noticed that every diesel gun on any gas station is always full of diesel so each time I fill up the tank I have smelly hands, how come gas guns are clean and diesel always wet? Now I fill it up with gloves.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
It's the fault of people being too impatient and not letting the pump handle drain before removing it. The problem doesn't seem to happen so badly here, maybe our pumps are cleaned more often as well?

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
At my job we ask all drivers to be courteous after they filled up their buses and not to leave a mess behind them for the next driver.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well now I learned and always have a pair of rubber gloves in the trunk ready for the next fill...lol...people are staring at me when I put my gloves on it's kind of funny, but after the fill they tell me that's a good idea and next time they will do the same.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I keep a box of disposable latex gloves in the car, put one one, when you've finished just roll it off and bin it.

A box of 1000 cost $3.50, the car will probably die before I run out!

And some of the servos in the posher suburbs have boxes of gloves on top of the diesel bowsers!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I have just been using a paper towel to put over the handle. I keep a roll in the pouch of the pack seat.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Rubber glove(s) = anti-diesel odor pinkie condum.

...but, if you think diesel "stinks" just wait for the first time some urea DEF is 'spilled' inside the car...talk about Cat piss odor!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I did my own DEF fill the most recent one and made a HUGE mess because it's hard to tell how full it is and I got impatient. It's slimy and although it isn't a strong odor, it is definitly reminiscent of piss

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well now I learned and always have a pair of rubber gloves in the trunk ready for the next fill...lol...people are staring at me when I put my gloves on it's kind of funny, but after the fill they tell me that's a good idea and next time they will do the same.
I do the exact same thing. Glad I'm not the only "crazy" one.

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
A GOLD STAR for GM if they realize and immediately implement a "DEF-level" display into the DIC displays, otherwise they get a demerit for each month they wait or procrastinate.

GM are you listening?

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
I did myself a stainless dipstick with full mark on it when it was filled good!hope it will work when I will fill the juice in.
Luc - just to clarify, do you mean a dipstick for your DEF or for your diesel?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts