Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is how it looked when I purchased it last year in May.

Got the windows tinted the same day I got delivery. Also bought aero wipers, never been fan of old style wipers

Fitted HiD's few days later

Also swapped number plate bulbs with LED's

Found double din headunit fitting kit reasonably priced so bought it and next was fitting double din headunit

Big Day came and got it remapped

Initially was very pleased as power increased from stock i.e. 125 to 148 bhp but now after searching for other tuners, have found one who can do same remap as BR-Performance which will take the car from 125 HP and 295 Nm to 186 Hp and 428 Nm.

After searching over web again and again, finally decided to get Team Dynamics Imola's (18x8) in hyper silver and boy did I made right decision. They look amazing

Car needs lowering next, thinking of getting lowering springs which will slam it to 30 mm or 40 mm all around.

Update: 02/07/2013

Debadged it today using tooth floss, autoglym intensive tar remover, some hot water and finger n thumb :eusa_clap:

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
That is a big improvement, I was offered a tune by the salesman, although I doubt it was Holden approved. With 163 HP and 360NM standard I was worried that the auto transmission would expire with a big increase in power and torque. Your car looks great, has it altered the fuel consumption in any way?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It depends on driving style but over all it has improved fuel consumption. Not sure about it when I get it remap again but then you have to compromise something to gain something :th_coolio:

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
When I was younger I belonged to a sporting car club and we used to help each other with modifications and even complete engine rebuilds. We found that a large increase in power and torque often resulted in better fuel economy in normal driving and you still had plenty of power for track days. We were using carby engines though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Debadged it today, started with pouring hot water on badges to loosen the glue and then with tooth floss removed the badges. To remove the glue behind, I used Autoglym intensive tar remover and my finger n thumb to remove the residue left behind.

Pics updated in first thread

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Got DPF removed today, throttle seems more responsive now.

Stage 2 remap is next.....stay tuned
Sweet how much drama was it. To delete this on Dodge pickups its an exhaust pipe moddification plus a tune remap.

Sent from my Droid

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet how much drama was it. To delete this on Dodge pickups its an exhaust pipe moddification plus a tune remap.

Sent from my Droid
Had to remove the exhaust from car, opened it and took the DPF out. Weld it back and exhaust went back on car.

After only 60k miles, DPF looked really bad and was completely clogged.Rest was ECU tweak, now there is no light for DPF on dash and limp mode is gone forever

Happy days :smileystooges:

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Learned something new -- I didn't realize that GB motor vehicle plates were colour-coded, white for front and yellow for rear!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: 04/10/2013

Got cruze stage 2 remapped last friday, tuner claimed it should be producing 190+ HP and 400+ Nm. Couldn't put it on rollers due to shortage of time but drive was amazing. I could feel the torque and the pull while accelerating.

Had it on rollers today to find out actual power and wola.........188 HP & 463 Nm :eek:mg:

the tuner said, his rollers always give 10-12 HP less as result for some reason, try checking somewhere else too and it should be near 200 HP :happy:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update: 09/11/13

Fitted rear view camera (bought from eBay) on my cruze along with AVIC-F220 navigation system to go with my headunit. For the price, picture quality is very good. Pics to follow as it was already dark when I finished working on it and its been raining for last 10 days so car needs cleaning as well :eek:ccasion14:

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Why are HP and NM used together, in Australia we use KW and NM as both are metric.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i am thinking of getting 2 DIN headunit instead of dedicated chevrolet cruze 7" touch screen with dvd and gps head unit but i don't know how do you manage to access car settings without stock controls and if the 2 din unit works with steering wheel controls.

thank you

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Very nicely done! I'm impressed!

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Why are HP and NM used together, in Australia we use KW and NM as both are metric.
It's Britain. Where do you think the US got its system of measures. At least we didn't go halfway to metric. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts