Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so took the cruze in for tint 2weeks ago $150 to tint back windows got it back and it had dirt in it. So i took it back and they said i cant expect it to be perfect but they agreed to redo it. so just got it back on friday and over the weekend scratches started to appear , so i took it to another place to get a second opinion and they said that the glass got scratched from the tint getting taken off . so now the first place is going to replace my back glass , and the estimate i got was $975 wow what a mistake

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it is good that the tint place stepped up to redo tint for dirt int the first place. How bad was the dirt?

Also, for them to replace the glass...wow, that is a company standing behind their work. I bet they got rid of someone for that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had all 7 windows done for $160, and ended up taking it back 2 hours later. Found bubbles, a couple of hairs, and one cut. The mgr came out and saw the work, then immediately told his tint guys to come back from eating lunch (they were at some restraunt) and redo the whole car, or be fired. Still didn't come out 100% perfect, but I'd say 99%. And it only took them 45 minutes with them double-teaming it as the mgr watched the whole time. lol --- I thought it was great :)

I won't recommend that shop to anyone else, but they did stand up to their mistake.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nightdrv, that looks perfect! What is the tint %? And, do you have issue seeing out the back window? I've never tinted any of my vehicle's windows before and I want my Cruze to be the first.... but I don't want to regret it by having too much tint.

Can you take a pic from the interior looking back out the window in daylight, and again at night with traffic headlights behind you so that we can gauge the darkness? That would be awesome if you could. Thanks!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Nightdrv, that looks perfect! What is the tint %? And, do you have issue seeing out the back window? I've never tinted any of my vehicle's windows before and I want my Cruze to be the first.... but I don't want to regret it by having too much tint.

Can you take a pic from the interior looking back out the window in daylight, and again at night with traffic headlights behind you so that we can gauge the darkness? That would be awesome if you could. Thanks!
SRT-8

I have 20% tint on the back and 5% on the sides. Have not regretted it at all. This is also the first car I have tinted. (Others had factory tinted windows) 20% you can see out just fine, even my GF has no problems driving it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts