Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Aside from the obvious of pulling the OnStar fuse, is there a way to disable the factory Bluetooth and OnStar's use of the steering wheel controls?

I've got an aftermarket unit that I'd like to use the functions with, however with OnStar having power, it takes over whenever you press the talk/send button on the SWC.

I'd like to have my OnStar hooked up for the auto crash detect, etc, but not use the calling features.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
62 Posts
Delete all bluetooth profiles off the factory system first, then custom map the buttons according to the instructions and what you need it to do. You may need a PAC RC to do all the phone functions, I never had great luck with ASWC if that's what your trying.

If you are using the proper harness for the radio is should simply retain onstar, and hit the blue button on the mirror for all the onstar stuff.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done the first part, bluetooth profiles were removed.

Yep, I'm using the GMOS-044, with the ASWC-1. I could get a PAC-RC instead and try that.

With onstar plugged in, the mirror buttons work fine, but so do the send/end buttons on the steering wheel.

Hmm. I didn't think about the other brands of interfaces.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.