Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this issue since new,,,,the display on the infotainment system did not display the first 2 tracks on the screen,,,,after several rounds of this,,,I finally got some satisfication from Stacy here from the Chev. Customer service group. However, that was short lived. I did take it in to the dealer,,,and they could duplicate the issue BUT there is a service bulletin# PIC 5659,,,that says that Chevy is aware of the problem and they have the engineers working on it for a fix. So I need to call every so often to my service advisor and see if the got a new program they could down load. I did get an approval to replace the infotainment system, but the dealer said that it probably would do no good if the old program is still the issue. Question,,,,,,,,,,,,I wonder how long it will take them to write a new program for the fix,,,,???????:angry:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having a heck of a problem with this issue as well, and this is the first time I've seen another person have the same issue. It's actually the reason I downloaded this Cruze talk app!! I've had my car for almost a year and a half. The dealer replaced my radio, yet I continue to bring it in for this issue just about every month or so, and am now halfway through my warranty (mileage). Chevy has not found any solution to this problem, and tells me to play it in airplane mode, which makes absolutely no difference at all. I feel like I bought a piece of garbage, and am very angry over this!!! The iPhone/Infotainment interaction was actually the icing on the cake in my reasoning for buying this car over the others I had looked at. Now I am just disappointed in my purchase, and may never choose Chevy again due to GM's lack of competence and/or diligence.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1401065149.964740.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
wow you sound mad! well i use an ipod in my cruze and have never had a problem with the usb. if they haven't fixed the problem i would take it back until they get it right!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
In-car entertainment systems are the number one complaint across all manufacturers. I'm not sure why this is so hard to get right, but it apparently is.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,359 Posts
That happens often to mine. The car and iPhone don't communicate well about what's next in the playlist. It's probably partly iOS and partly the car itself. A simple flash drive or old iPod (I have an old Nano) work much better.

FWIW, my girlfriend's 4S seems to get along a lot better with the car and scrolling ahead to other songs than my 4. Makes sense - my phone is a slow dinosaur and hers is at least 2x as quick.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
In-car entertainment systems are the number one complaint across all manufacturers. I'm not sure why this is so hard to get right, but it apparently is.
I agree. I see the issue as two proprietary operating systems attempting to communicate across multiple protocols and none of the OS authors have really done any detailed shared design studies. As an example, the manuals for my Civic list what iDevices are supported by the car and by the Nav system. This is what Honda has supposedly tested. All of them are old versions of Apple's OS, so newer users are on their own. They don't even list Linux or Android systems. Nor do they list Windows. Sometimes a device works better with Bluetooth than USB or Aux. The car and stereo makers won't spend the resources to test every new version of iOS or Android or Windows that comes out as well as every service patch. GM has a team to help users with infotainment issues as does Honda, and I suppose other makers do also. Me, I keep it simple. Music is on USB flash drives and I use the Bluetooth phone connection for phone calls and SMS texts. Works all the time. Although, I've seen XM get it's displayed titles and tracks being played hosed on occasion. I once plugged an old iPod Mini into the USB port on Black Betty and was surprised to see the Nav unit display and navigate the music contents in the same way the iPod did. Also the iPod screen had the Honda logo on it. Maybe all systems do it that way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the only issue i have with the radio display is when im listening to FM stations where it seems like the titles of the current song and previous song are displaying over each other. other than that my bluetooth audio player from my phone and the xm radio displays perfectly fine. i have a 2014 with the mylink package though...

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello Smashlei9h,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your MyLink system. IF you would like for me to reach out to your Chevrolet dealership, please let me know. You can private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts