Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 489 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Are you sure your Cruze already has DB/DD? I think you should have DB/DB. 22797218 should give you DB/DD. Also, you'll get the added benefit of A2DP :).

If you do have DB/DD already, could you let me know the part number for your ORIGINAL PDIM?

THANKS!

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure your Cruze already has DB/DD? I think you should have DB/DB. 22797218 should give you DB/DD. Also, you'll get the added benefit of A2DP :).

If you do have DB/DD already, could you let me know the part number for your ORIGINAL PDIM?

THANKS!

I do have the latest DB/DD as for the part number not sure but here is a pic I think its 22796545
Technology Electronic device Electronics Gadget Mobile phone

· Registered
224 Posts
I am interested in this as well.. I would like to get A2DP to work in my ECO... My phone has the worst connectivity known to man with the radio...
limited360, this adds an additional antenna to your car, so effectively you'll have one connection to the "Phone call" bluetooth, and the other to the "Audio Streaming" bluetooth.

You'll see two connections on your phone.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Confirmed Working MOD

Updated to a guide on my original post it really works!!!:eusa_clap: Also my FW/SW stayed the same
Electronics Technology Electronic device Gadget Telephony
Technology Telephony Electronics Electronic device Mobile phone

So for anyone wanting factory A2DP this is one route special thanks goes to bojangles for without him I would of never looked into this in the first place.

· Administrator
14,720 Posts
I listen to Pandora mostly so quality isn't perfect to begin with anyways, but I've been wanting A2DP since it will basically make my phone fully hands free.
I like that concept. The reason why I ask is because I have a bit of a blessing and a curse. I design very high end home theater speakers and have installed some incredible car audio systems. I design my speakers and car audio systems using precision measurement equipment to ensure that the frequency response is as flat and natural as possible.

If there's a loss in audio fidelity using bluetooth streaming, I'll hear it.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
O yeah you being a audiophile you will prob notice the sound degration. Normal music listening joes like myself wont notice or care. Bluetooth looses audio manly because its wireless and the bandwidth allowed by the Bluetooth spec.

· Registered
224 Posts
Yeah I don't think the A2DP of this module is necessarily high bitrate/bandwidth, but it definitely gets the job done. I personally didn't see too much of a difference compared to Satellite radio.

This PDIM solved ALL of my problems, until it failed on me about one week later.

Keep us posted Extibal!

· Administrator
14,720 Posts
Yeah I don't think the A2DP of this module is necessarily high bitrate/bandwidth, but it definitely gets the job done. I personally didn't see too much of a difference compared to Satellite radio.
Eek. Satellite radio is no better than FM, lol.

· Registered
224 Posts
It's all up to the listener's ear. Depends on your phone's Bluetooth signal as well. You could see USB quality, but **** I haven't had this installed for more than a month now. All I can say is that I was personally pleased with the quality when I had it.

I've gone the more expensive route and am getting a DDIN Nav Unit Installed next week!

EDIT: OH, and for all of you wondering. When you press and hold the MENU button to view the firmware, THIS IS THE PDIM FIRMWARE AND HARDWARE VERSION, NOT THE RADIO.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

This PDIM solved ALL of my problems, until it failed on me about one week later.

Keep us posted Extibal!

Will do so far so good I'm loving the fact of Stereo Bluetooth.

· Registered
203 Posts
Hmmmmmm.

This would be cool to do, since I was a bit miffed when I found out the A2DP wasn't stock. (Come on, GM. Ford knows what's up.)

Doesn't look like I'll be doing it anytime soon, though.

Amazon.com said:
Price: $84.51
Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

1 - 20 of 489 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.