Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,715 Posts
I listen to Pandora mostly so quality isn't perfect to begin with anyways, but I've been wanting A2DP since it will basically make my phone fully hands free.
I like that concept. The reason why I ask is because I have a bit of a blessing and a curse. I design very high end home theater speakers and have installed some incredible car audio systems. I design my speakers and car audio systems using precision measurement equipment to ensure that the frequency response is as flat and natural as possible.

If there's a loss in audio fidelity using bluetooth streaming, I'll hear it.

·
Administrator
14,715 Posts
Yeah I don't think the A2DP of this module is necessarily high bitrate/bandwidth, but it definitely gets the job done. I personally didn't see too much of a difference compared to Satellite radio.
Eek. Satellite radio is no better than FM, lol.

·
Administrator
14,715 Posts
I had at least a small amount of buyers remorse after i found i had no bluetooth streaming (i assumed it had phone + audio), but now I'm borderline thrilled with the system. Still considering putting in a sub, but having A2DP is by far the most important thing for me. Kinda sad, but its that big of a deal to me.

Funny, It actually works better than all the aftermarket bluetooth head units I've had in previous cars.

Thank YOU!
Let me know when you're ready to get a sub in your car. I can make you some recommendations for a good SQ system.

·
Administrator
14,715 Posts
I've been reading through your SQ thread and have been evaluating different options - - although the slightly above zero weather isn't encouraging me much. :) I also need my trunk space pretty regularly, and have no intention of dropping $1000 on that sub that mounts in the left corner of the trunk. (doesn't have very good reviews anyway)
Since there are many like you, I've designed a subwoofer kit that requires very little space but provides more than adequate sub-bass support in the form of an 8" high-excursion subwoofer. This subwoofer requires about 0.35 cubic feet of internal space, allowing for a very small design that would occupy less space than a child's backpack. It is by no means an "SPL" subwoofer, but will adequately produce deep, musical bass notes. The kit including the amplifier, subwoofer, and subwoofer box would cost around $400 (give or take $25 depending on design), which is significantly less than the OEM options out there at this time while providing vastly better sound quality.

Should you need additional output, two of them can be used and still occupy only 0.7 cubic feet, or about the size of a normal backpack, although at this point you may be paying a premium simply for the space savings of the particular drivers. They would have output comparable to somewhere between a single 10" and a single 12" subwoofer and would come in at around $440 not including the amplifier. A suitable amplifier would cost around $150.

There are many options that I can give you that will depend on your system goals and your budget. All you need to do is ask.

As for it being cold right now, that shouldn't be of too much concern as I wouldn't be able to have any new orders built for at least another 1.5-2 months. Most people don't find this to be a problem as they are willing to wait for a very high quality product that is built by hand with great attention to detail.

1 - 6 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.