Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

481 - 483 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cruze
21 Posts
I'm finally going to make this upgrade to my 2012 LT after about 7 years of owning the car. I had planned to do it when this thread was still only a couple pages long, but our friends at GM kept changing the module and discontinuing the old ones, and I was always a hair too late. Not this time! Well, sort of...

If anyone comes along later and wants to find module 23340430, good luck. GMPartsDirect had it in stock on their site, but they cancelled my order right after I placed it. They said it's "on national backorder" and they don't know when they'll get more. May be due to the pandemic, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's just GM's game-playing.

Anyway, I found one on eBay through a GM reseller in Dallas who had one left in stock. That may be your best bet in the future. I even ended up paying less for both the module and shipping through them than GMPD was going to charge me. It won't arrive until mid-May, but at least I managed to get one.

Will update soon on how install goes!

·
Registered
2012 Cruze
21 Posts
Great success!

Many thanks to the good people of this forum for sharing your experience over time. I got my new PDIM installed today with only minor cursing, and it works perfectly. Part number was 23340430.

One note on the pesky USB clip: the way that worked for me was sticking a long-handled flathead screwdriver in from the kick panel side and using it to both lift the front of metal clip over the bump and push the whole assembly away from the PDIM in one motion. That was way easier than trying to push the back of the metal clip to cantilever it over the bump from the shift knob side.

I also found it very helpful to push the passenger seat all the way back to maximize working room.

Hope that helps anyone who comes along later!

·
Registered
28 Posts
For those saying to remove the kickpanel, and look for the box, where am I looking? I've got a 2012 AT with Pioneer, but the pics in the first post don't make the location very clear. By the coin tray isn't clear either.

481 - 483 of 483 Posts