Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the next couple weeks I'll be testing my auto stop / start bypass that would cost you a couple bucks in parts and a couple hours to install.

It will require you to press a button each time you start the car.

If it works flawlessly for me for the next few weeks I'll write up a brief how to and post it.

I just can't stand the idea of paying over $100 for a plug and play solution that isn't flawless. *remote start issues

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
So, does remote start still work properly then with your bypass setup?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I don't use the remote so I don't know how it works. But if I really want to remote. The app works good

Price was worth it to me. 5 minute install. Not 2 hours.

The tune methods run $350 and $650. Or $170 for just AS program. $140 for module.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far mine is about $1 in parts. Still working on the fine details as time permits.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the AS/S Smart Module. Didn’t cost me anything (Christmas Gift). Works like a charm. I did have a couple of problems in the beginning with the remote start function but quickly learned how to overcome them. (I posted my findings on another thread about the AS/S Smart module). IMHO this module is worth every $. No more using L6, no more light foot on the break, no more shifting to neutral and back to D to avoid engine shut down, no pushing a button every time to shut it off, JUST get in, start the engine shift to D and drive! ??. Oh yeah, if I ever want to use the AS/S just remote start and drive away; the AS/S will then be active.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The previous post concerns module for gas motor.

Any update on the module for the 2nd gen diesel motor to disable auto start/stop?

jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts