Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll preface this by saying I drive my car every day. No long periods of sitting. 2012 cruze 72k miles. Ran and drove great. Two days ago took it to the store went in and shopped for 20/30 minutes. Came back and the car wouldn't start. Just a clicking noise like my battery was dead. The thing that threw me off was the hazards came on and would not turn off. The headlights came on and were dim and the washer spray shot for a second and the wipers came on for a second. Tried to jump it and it wouldn't go just the click click click. The key was now stuck in the ignition. I disconnected the battery, reconnected it then it jump started and the hazards shut off. Drove it home about a 30 minute drive, shut it off and turned it back on and it started acct up no problems. Next morning I started it up ( it kinda sounded like it didn't want to) but it started. Ran it for a few minutes shut it off and it started again fine. Then this morning it was dead again just the click click click. I'm guessing it's just a dead battery but all the other weird things that happened two nights ago have me wondering.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Sounds like a battery to me. Nearly everything in the Cruze is run by computer. Computers do NOT like flaky power.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I concur. Needs a new battery. And get the battery cable TSB done while you're at it.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Negative Battery Cable replacement and then a new battery. No reason to put an excessive load from a bad cable on a new battery.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Check your terminals for corrosion and make sure they're making good contact. The slightest bit of corrosion can produce symptoms similar to a bad battery.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Had the negative cable done last year. My car was going nuts before I had that done.
Then you know what bad power can do.

Is this the original battery? If so, it's done pretty good.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
While it's true that the alternator supplies the power when the engine is running, the battery still functions as a power filter. "Bad filter caps" is the bane of many consumer electronics. In a car, the battery is the "filter cap".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts