Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Yes, it's called eDiesel. Up to 15% in some fuels. Google your question and you'll get papers on the subject. The nearby Sunoco station has it. Probably why their diesel is only 30 cents a gallon more than their 87 E10.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Ethanol (alcohol) is highly flammable (like gasoline). A Diesel engine must be modified to run on ethanol-blended diesel.

There is a fuel called E-Diesel but it doesn’t contain ethanol. It’s a ‘synthetic’ diesel fuel.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-diesel

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
There's biodiesel, which is basically vegetable oil with the glycerine refined out of it.
B5/B20 blends were supposed to take over the diesel market about 15 years ago, but I haven't seen any locally in many years.

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
go to any truck stop and most of those are b20 blends (well down here in florida anyway). most passanger diesels by far cant run it due to age only more modern ones cant. on the other hand due to the business most big rigs run it now

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
go to any truck stop and most of those are b20 blends (well down here in florida anyway). most passanger diesels by far cant run it due to age only more modern ones cant. on the other hand due to the business most big rigs run it now
I used to run B100 in my 1979 300SD. A place in my hometown sold it back in 2002, and a couple of school districts ran their bus fleets on it, I think most of them with Navistar 444e engines (medium duty version of the 7.3L Powerstroke).

Old indirect injection engines were popular with the Waste Vegetable Oil crowd, but many of them did it wrong, causing the deaths of thousands of old Mercedes and VW Rabbits on the West Coast. OTOH, I bet you wouldn't make it 1000 miles in a TDI or CDI with a tank full of McDonald's refuse.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,913 Posts
My thought too, but it was on a diesel only pump.
I think they just blanket sticker the pumps...that's been my guess, at least.

Reactions: Barefeet

·
Registered
323 Posts
Shortest answer in this thread:

"No"

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got a response from The customer relations manager.

Okay you're my new hero, I knew this didn't sound right either, ethanol in diesel?! I've reached out and come to find out these stickers were not supposed to be on ALL pumps and they have been removed and I can assure you that we do NOT HAVE Ethanol in our Diesel Fuel. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with!

Have a wonderful day,
Kelli
Speedway LLC Customer Service

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.