Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
We have a couple of members, including a moderator who use ecomodder to track their fuel economy. I have also referred people there to find out more about improving their fuel economy.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Me either, I just cruise at hwy speeds and use cruise control a lot. Other than that, it's just super annoying.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
Some of the basic hypermiling tips are what you're taught in driver's ed under the guise of defensive driving. By using defensive driving techniques you can improve your city fuel economy by 10 to 20% and at the same time potentially double the life of your brakes.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Normally try to take off gently.

This only saves gas if your only shooting for 25-30mph, let the lower gearing in 1-3rd gears get you up to speed quicker say taking them to 2800RPM is much more efficient if your goal is 55-60mph.

Think about it this way, when driving like a grandma to 60mph your on the gas for 25+ seconds. Using my method above your only on the gas for 10 seconds and cruise is set and already getting highway MPG numbers for 15 extra seconds.

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
You have to use Ecomodder's fuel economy tracker. That list is built from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts