Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am of the humble opinion that definitely GM has made one of the wonderful car in Cruze and its definitely going to takeover the car industry by storm. With its great look and design with more leg room space and the least to mention about its great mileage, definitely Cruze is meant for a small family.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I guess it depends how much storage you need and the needs of your family. It would well for my family as my kid doesn't tote around a lot of sports equipment, and we already have a truck for when we go camping. For us, this is an ideal car.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
i think the cruze is great for a smally family of less than 4 people. 2 adults fit great up front with tons of space and kids fit great in back. i've had a car-seat in the rear a few times with no issues, if you have leather just make sure to put a towel down so it doesnt crease the material

big trunk, good gas mileage, decent power, amazing safety (10 standard air bags, onstar response, abs and traction standard on all models). unless you've got 3 kids or adult kids, i dont see why this wouldnt be great for a small family

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Small as in body size or small as in number of family members, it would be a great vehicle.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I love my Cruze, but my big beef with it is the rear seat leg room. Horrible. The car is marketed with a large trunk for its class. However, I wish they would have pushed the back seat back to increase leg room and take away trunk space. My car is mostly a work commute car, but I am rarely going to use all that trunk space and much more likely going to drive co-workers to lunch or take my kids on errands when I don't want to use the bigger, less efficient other family car. My kids are still in booster seats, but their feet touch the back of the front seats.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think it works very well for a small (2-4) member family. It is quiet, smooth and the rear seats seem to be very comfortable. I have noted two things I don't care for. The rear leg room is limited with a average height driver. I'm 5'9" and I don't see someone over 5 feet being real comfortable behind me. Secondly, the side windows have a distinct rake to them which makes the car look great, but my 4 year old cannot see out the side windows as well as he can in our HHR.

For long family trips we still take our HHR for that little extra rear leg room and cargo capacity.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I recommend the Cruze for any family of 5 or less. Its classified as a compact entry level sedan, but it does have the space of a mid sized sedan. With all the features and gadgets its well worth the MSRP.

But we can`t tell you what works for you, best bet is to check out one at your local Chevy dealer. Some people find it too small, but thats them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The trunk becomes vital...

The other day we had three adults and the grandson sitting on his booster seat....result is the trunk will be used OFTEN. Thank goodness it's one of the largest trunk capacities for this size of car.:) You just don't have the extra room to have bulky packages, bags and etc around you in the cabin. Also, probably time to mention again, there IS an exterior trunk release touch button just above the license plate upper edge/lip of the trunk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts