Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently installed an HID kit on my 2014 Chevy Cruze. The ballasts came with a relay so I know that's not the problem. I have even switched the sides and it only happens on the driver's side. What happens is it will flicker for a couple of seconds and then turn off. This happens when I have my HIDs on auto and in the on position. So does anyone have the same problem and know how to disable the DRL cause I've read online that's the issue with them but no one can tell me how to disable it.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,118 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Sorry I have no idea, but would also like to know about the DRL signal as I want to install some LED DRLs.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The only way to disable them is to install relays that prevent the headlights from coming on unless the parking lights are also on. To do anything else requires hacking the BCM. I don't know of anyone who has done that.

One trick some owners do is disassemble the headlight switch and remove the spring that prevents the control from being left to "off". You lose automatic control, but at least the DRLs are not trying to come on every time you start the car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Be ready to be flamed for installing HID's in stock housings, they don't like that around here... That being said, I had them on my 2014 that i just sold and didn't have any problems with them. I used the relay harness like you stated and all was fine. The only way to disable DRL's that i know of right now, is to manually turn the lights off with the Auto headlight dial after you start the car. PITA to remember I'm sure, but that's all i got for now lol..

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Be ready to be flamed for installing HID's in stock housings, they don't like that around here... That being said, I had them on my 2014 that i just sold and didn't have any problems with them. I used the relay harness like you stated and all was fine. The only way to disable DRL's that i know of right now, is to manually turn the lights off with the Auto headlight dial after you start the car. PITA to remember I'm sure, but that's all i got for now lol..
Manually turning them off for US programmed Cruze's works. Mine in Canada for example does not allow this at all. May I ask where you bought this relay harness or did you make it? I want to disable them as well as I'm interested in getting different headlights and if they're HID I don't want to ruin them with the pulsating voltage of the DRLs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts