Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Phoenix, I always think of getting tinted windows when it gets hot out. I just dislike how they look. Does anyone have any experience with the high visibility high heat rejection films? Unfortunately they all look horribly expensive so I may just stick with factory.

The products I've found is 3M's Crystalline series, Llumar's Air 80, and SunTek's CXP70. I know the 3M is ~500USD for all but windscreen, and I really don't want to spend more than 300.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Check ebay you can get the pre cuts fairly cheap.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
I don't know what my tint is, but it is the highest quality I could get from a company called "Solar Tint" in Australia and it is totally legal and cost $280Aus. The dealer wanted to charge $460 for an inferior tint. That price included install. There would be an equivalent tint in NA and you would be surprised at how affective it is at keeping the heat out, it is 99% UV resistant and 40% infra red (heat) resistant. I have personally tested it up to 117F and it was still cool in the car with a/c on.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
If I were looking for that super light tint with good heat rejection I would get Llumar. Just remember though your cruze all the windows are already tinted with 70% tint from the factory, look at the marking in the lower corner of each glass to verify.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts