Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home in my 2014 Cruz Diesel earlier when a Dash Light came on that I can't Identify. It appeared to be a tire with the letters "TC" inside and a \ across the letters and tire. When I stopped and got out the owners manual, I couldn't find any reference to it. When I started the engine and drove a short distance home it never came on again. Thanks in advance for any info.

Guy

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
The symbol you describe is an alert for the Traction Control being disabled.
You can reproduce the alert by pushing the T/C button, which also disables the traction control.

As far as the 'Why'd it do it' .....can't answer beyond speculation but generally caused by a wheel speed sensor sending information (or no information) that is not useable to the computer.......I have seen this after driving through a deep puddle.

Might have been an anomoly of sorts, never to repeat.

If it happens with any frequency a code will be set enabling the dealer to locate which sensor is the troublemaker.

For now, fear not,

Rob

To other mods.....why is this post showing as moderated?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Traction Control. That light comes on for a few reasons. First, is because you are STUCK, and are needing help, so, this comes on, and spins the correct wheel to try to get you unstuck.
The other issue that will make this come on, is if you have pushed the button. Its located next to the shifter.
It'll also come on, if there's a issue with the car. But, other lights come on as well..

I'd try the button first!

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Traction Control. That light comes on for a few reasons. First, is because you are STUCK, and are needing help, so, this comes on, and spins the correct wheel to try to get you unstuck.
This is incorrect. It will reduce throttle position based on the difference in speed of your front and rear. It is typically picked up by the abs sensor. If I am not mistaken even the diesel has an open diff. It will come one when the front tires/tire is moving significantly faster than the rear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all who replied. This morning, I figured out what it means and how it happened. My dog was with me and she likes to come up on the center console from the back seat and I believe she stepped on the button, which I think the factory was stupid to locate right there. Anyway when I looked in the manual, a couple of pages in where it shows the dash panel and all the symbols, that one wasn't shown (Probably doesn't come on all cars). I had stopped the car and pulled out the manual. When I restarted the car the light didn't come on, because it obviously resets. Thanks again.

Guy

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I've had passengers accidentally press that button. Doesn't cause any issue, just turns off the stability and traction control.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
It only turns off the stability control if you hold the button down like 8-10seconds, just pressing it toggles the traction control only.
Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize that.

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
WTH was GM thinking?? They should know dogs walk on consoles! :smileystooges:
Same problem exists with the window control buttons. There was a recent news story about a dog that stepped on the window control and was sucked out of the car at 55 MPH.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts