Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've gathered the 1.4L ecotec has noisy fuel injectors resulting in an audible clicking sound at idle that is completely normal based on what I've read in other threads. Idk if I'm just being paranoid, but I feel like after I just changed my spark plugs the clicking noise is more audible and I'm noticing a little more vibration coming from the vehicle (again I MAY just be paranoid, I'm new to this whole DIY thing).

Would someone kindly take a look at the attached videos and tell me if the sound is normal and if the mild vibration (seen better in video 2) is normal?

Info on my cruze:

2012 LT
81K miles
ACDelco iridium sparkplugs gapped to 0.028 recently installed with use of anti-seizure grease around the threading and dielectric grease around the electrode
Everything is firmly screwed down and not loose
No CEL
Oil levels are excellent, still not due for a change for about 2K more miles

Video 1: https://youtu.be/3sGpO3vYakM

Video 2:https://youtu.be/Gs66Lx09UiI

Thank you for helping me!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,498 Posts
The videos say they're unavailable for me (maybe list it as unlisted rather than private).

The EVAP purge valve on these cars - round canister on top of the intake manifold - has been known to make loud clacking noise and usually only has a lifespan of 3-5 years. You can try unplugging that, and if it gets much quieter, go ahead and replace it - they're about $25.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The videos say they're unavailable for me (maybe list it as unlisted rather than private).

The EVAP purge valve on these cars - round canister on top of the intake manifold - has been known to make loud clacking noise and usually only has a lifespan of 3-5 years. You can try unplugging that, and if it gets much quieter, go ahead and replace it - they're about $25.

I just set the videos to public! They should be viewable now. I'll look into the EVAP purge valve in the mean time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the engine running there is an audible hissing sound coming from the region of the intercooler hose. No idea if that’s significant or not 😕

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,498 Posts
This is the disc you’re referring to right? It feels solid, no audible hissing even with pressure.
Maybe the oil cap? I think I hear something hissing...a vacuum/air leak can cause it to idle a bit weird.

Idle sounds weird from my end, but it COULD be just the spark plug cover rattling.

A little bit of vibration from it at idle is normal, though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe the oil cap? I think I hear something hissing...a vacuum/air leak can cause it to idle a bit weird.

Idle sounds weird from my end, but it COULD be just the spark plug cover rattling.

A little bit of vibration from it at idle is normal, though.
This is a video with the spark plug cover removed and zoning in on the hissing noise coming from the intercooler hose while idling https://youtu.be/BX9ASFtcw7I

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
drgubi
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing