Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that after a drive if I turn the engine off right away that the whole car shudders. If I wait a minute prior to turning it off it is much less noticable. Could this have something to do with the turbo spooling down?

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I have the 1.4L and havent noticed that condition.

Sent from my DROID3

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Are you saying your engine doesn't stop dead the instant you turn off the key? Should never do that until the engine is at idle speed. If the engine doesn't quickly fad away, could have an injector leak leaving fuel in one of the cylinders with a dieseling effect due to high combustion chamber temperatures.

Dieseling was very common with carburetor vehicles with an engine that was very carboned up. With FI, when you switch off the key, not only switch off the ignition, but the injectors as well. Using a low octane fuel also augments this problem.

The world's solution to this now 130 year old carbon problem is to add all kinds of emission control devices and plenty of additives to the fuel in a meager attempt to control it that not only reduces the heating value of the fuel. Resulting in poorer fuel economy, but also drastically increases the cost.

When all they had to do was eliminate the carbon to keep our engines simple. Technology exists for this, and the heating value of carbon in fuels is very poor.

Can the whole world be wrong on this issue? Some of us feel this way, but fighting a huge machine that is 100% backed up by all governments.

Just learn to live with it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Auto, the shudder is slight but noticable. There is no noise that is usually associated with dieseling. No knocking of any sort. I use Mobil 89.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Neither of my Cruzen (ECO MT and LS MT) do this.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I noticed that after a drive if I turn the engine off right away that the whole car shudders. If I wait a minute prior to turning it off it is much less noticable. Could this have something to do with the turbo spooling down?

Bac n Black,
I would suggest that you take your Cruze into your dealer to have them look into this for you. Please keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.