Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Dohht Cruze can't Swim.....

1288 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  JLL
Soooooo yeah Wednesday was a bad day.... On my way to work dodging flooded areas which equated to an hour and a half drive to work and I drowned her 200 yards from work.... Pushed it out by myself but couldn't get it up the incline to make the last 100 yards to get it in the parking lot... So 100 bucks to tow it to work parking lot.... After work pulled the coil and plugs disconnected the tubing from the turbo to intercooler as well as the charge pipe and cleared the water .. Vacuumed out the cylinders with a small tube on a shop vac along with a air gun spraying into the cylinders periodically. Misted the cylinders with air tool oil.. Motor spins freely with a ratchet and socket on the crank bolt So I am hoping I didn't hurt anything. I had planned on changing the oil tonight after work but ran out of energy due to a busy day at work.

So tomorrow after work I'm installing the new intake manifold I had picked up a while back as a backup to rework the Cruze kit V1 I have on it to I guess my own hybrid version of the V1 and V3 with an catch can. Changing oil and checking for codes hopefully I'll have her back up and going before the weekend is up. Lesson of the day Stay away from small lakes over the road.....
See less
  • Sad
Reactions: jblackburn and MP81
Soooooo yeah Wednesday was a bad day.... On my way to work dodging flooded areas which equated to an hour and a half drive to work and I drowned her 200 yards from work.... Pushed it out by myself but couldn't get it up the incline to make the last 100 yards to get it in the parking lot... So 100 bucks to tow it to work parking lot.... After work pulled the coil and plugs disconnected the tubing from the turbo to intercooler as well as the charge pipe and cleared the water .. Vacuumed...
See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2015 Mini Cooper S
235 Posts
yea the roads were crappy all over, lots of localized flooding. There was 14ft'ers on lake huron last night from the wind. Hope you get it up and running here soon!

· COTM Winner
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea the roads were crappy all over, lots of localized flooding. There was 14ft'ers on lake huron last night from the wind. Hope you get it up and running here soon!
You an me both as we still haven't gotten to do our "acceleration comparison test" and I kicked myself after you left the last time you came by.. LOL you had the couple of free minutes I coulda let ya take it for a spin to feel the difference.

· Registered
2015 Mini Cooper S
235 Posts
You an me both as we still haven't gotten to do our "acceleration comparison test" and I kicked myself after you left the last time you came by.. LOL you had the couple of free minutes I coulda let ya take it for a spin to feel the difference.
Probably better for my wallet and my marriage that I don’t LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Mr_Pat

· COTM Winner
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMAO yeah you have a valid point. But I did save you a bunch of cash on a K an N Shorty :p And if I can get these lift kits worked out can probably save ya some one that as well hahahaha

· Registered
2015 Mini Cooper S
235 Posts
LMAO yeah you have a valid point. But I did save you a bunch of cash on a K an N Shorty :p And if I can get these lift kits worked out can probably save ya some one that as well hahahaha
Lmao that’s right!

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,129 Posts
****, you can get out there and surf with waves like that!

There's a sub development about 1/2 a mile from us with a decorative pond...that apparently has become a lake.

· COTM Winner
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
****, you can get out there and surf with waves like that!

There's a sub development about 1/2 a mile from us with a decorative pond...that apparently has become a lake.
Yep the great lakes are no joke when the weather is rough. I usually spend a fair amount of time on Lake huron during the summer. It's odd sometimes how random rogue waves of fairly decent size suddenly pop up and then disappear ..

Reactions: MP81
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.