Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the infamous oil cooler leaking onto the exhaust issue as well as corroded coolant pipes to the turbo.
I ordered all genuine GM parts and nothing off brand or aftermarket.
I am replacing the oil cooler assembly, the turbo with exhaust manifold, both coolant and oil pipes on the turbo,
The coolant pipe that feeds into the side of the oil cooler, Thermostat, fresh GM coolant, a Mobile 1 full synthetic high mileage formula oil change,
And a drain and fill on the transmission with Castrol Transmax synthetic Dextron VI since it has never been done.

So why am i not just fixing the oil leak with new seals for the oil cooler and replace the corroding coolant pipes?
the car has 141K mostly highway miles and i hear horror stories about turbos breaking on these and the oil coolers going bad internally.
I am going to have the turbo and oil cooler off anyway so i figure no better time than the present to put back everything new and prevent having to do it twice.
I think GM made improvements on the new oil coolers and turbos anyway to make them last longer than the original ones.
I put 4 new tires on it and everything else seems to be good.
I got the car for free needing work so i am still spending a lot less for everything i did than i would buying a used 2011 with old parts in it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything went together well except some dummy forgot to tighten the upper radiator hose clamp before the test drive and you can guess what happened.
it runs good, the new oil cooler solved the oil leak and the new turbo works better than the original, i did replace all of the oil and coolant lines to the turbo.
the radiator and lower hose don't seem to get too hot but the fan does cycle and the heat is very hot, the temp gauge shows normal and the engine is at 219 degrees. i did open the bleeder on the radiator and there is coolant coming through the bleeder hose back into the tank so i imagine it should be fine.
no check engine light for the P00B7 code and the coolant does not boil or bubble, it is 50/50 dex cool. I Put in a new AC Delco thermostat.
Next i will be installing a new Continental drive belt and OEM GM tensioner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts