Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know what color wire is for the Dome Light that activates when you open the car doors? I want to wire in LED Lights in the foot wells to the dome light. But, hoping to not route the wires up to the dome light itself. I would rather find the wire down under the dash or floor.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i have the diagram at my house what yr model u have not that i think it makes a difference but just in case, ill PM u tonight or respond to this thread as soon as i look it up.

Reactions: OldBrazy

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2012 1LT RS... Thank You!!

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
There is another thread where most others are just tapping into the power outlet fuse(number 6) for there footwell lighting. Seems to me this method is ok because once you turn off your car & leave the lights power off just like your power outlets. Problem with this is they remain lit all the time while driving unless you manually turn them off with a switch.

I would want it to turn on only with the door open the same as the dome light. One post on this thread(#22) mentions tapping into the BCM dome light wire, I have not verified if this is accurate but seems an option to get this working.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-a...nterior-lights-install-help-3.html#post153812

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here is the pinout for the existing "middle" dome lamp;

1 - Not used
2 - Interior Lamp Control
3 - Not used
4 - Interior Lamp Defeat Switch Signal
5 - Courtesy Lamp Switch Signal
6 - Ground

Pin 2 delivers your 12V for your dome lamp, controlled by the car to come on when you open your door, etc., pin 4 carries the signal to shut it off, and pin five carries the signal to turn it on. Both are controlled by the integrated switch.

Reactions: spacedout

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-a...nterior-lights-install-help-3.html#post153812

That post has all the information needed. That gray wire he talks about in the TOP RIGHT corner of the connector is the dome light activation lead for when doors are opened and closed. Just did a test on my LED Stip Light and works as I want. Now I just gotta hook up all 4, 2 front/2 rear foot wells, then just have one main wire tapping to that Wire and add a Ground.. Might wait tho till Spring time.. Hate working in the 30Degree's since I do it everyday at work...

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the diagram at my house what yr model u have not that i think it makes a difference but just in case, ill PM u tonight or respond to this thread as soon as i look it up.
Anyway you could send me that diagram also? I’m trying to replace the dome light bulbs with these wired LED lights I have the first ones I tried flickered then smoked a little so I unhooked them they were just single LED. I have other ones with 4 LED I’m hoping the first ones were just too small but I’d like to see the wiring before starting specifically resistance polarity etc I can just run new wire but I’d rather tap at light

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,248 Posts
Anyway you could send me that diagram also? I’m trying to replace the dome light bulbs with these wired LED lights I have the first ones I tried flickered then smoked a little so I unhooked them they were just single LED. I have other ones with 4 LED I’m hoping the first ones were just too small but I’d like to see the wiring before starting specifically resistance polarity etc I can just run new wire but I’d rather tap at light
Welcome Aboard!(y)
He has not been on this forum since 2014 so don't wait too long. Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LS
4 Posts
I am thinking of powering my dash cam from the dome light power supply, but I don't know if those wires will handle the current. Does anyone have details on the amp capacity of the wires running up to the dome light? (I'd assume they are no greater than the fuse that they're on.)

Here is the pinout for the existing "middle" dome lamp;

1 - Not used
2 - Interior Lamp Control
3 - Not used
4 - Interior Lamp Defeat Switch Signal
5 - Courtesy Lamp Switch Signal
6 - Ground

Pin 2 delivers your 12V for your dome lamp, controlled by the car to come on when you open your door, etc., pin 4 carries the signal to shut it off, and pin five carries the signal to turn it on. Both are controlled by the integrated switch.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,248 Posts
I am thinking of powering my dash cam from the dome light power supply, but I don't know if those wires will handle the current. Does anyone have details on the amp capacity of the wires running up to the dome light? (I'd assume they are no greater than the fuse that they're on.)
You are correct that the GM installed fuse will protect the wiring. You should have no issues using that supplied power unless you have a dash cam you want on the capture motion when you are parked and out of the vehicle. Then if you have an auto- dimming mirror, use that instead, else you need to run your own which is not very difficult at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.