Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for replacements for the Dome and Map lights. DD doesn't seem to list that application on it's site. Putting in W5W gets me a number of options, but not all of them have luman ratings. Nor does it seem to compare them to the stock bulb.

If it helps any, the bulbs I found in my car are Toshiba 12V 5W W5W. As best as I can tell, that's rated at 50 lumans.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Size is 2825 for both.
As far as I can tell, Chevy never specified the bulb type. I've looked in the owners manual and the service manual - I can't find it. Yes, Sylvania lists the 2825, but that's their guide. The W5W is what I found actually in the car.

Regardless, if you put any of those into DD's website, you end up with the 194 "line". As far as I can tell, the 194 is the same base - just perhaps not the same brightness. So that's where I come back to "what is the brightness compared to stock?"

What I'd like to see is DD doing a page for the Cruze like they did for the Camaro. (Some of the info on that page may answer my question - but I'm not sure what bulbs came stock in the Camaro.)

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check this page out. These will work.
194 Wedge - Bulbs By Size - Lighting
HP2 - 54 Lumens
HP3 - not stated
HP3 - not stated
LED1 - 4 Lumens
SMD1 - 16 Lumens
SMD2 - 16 Lumens
SMD5 - 56 Lumens
SMD9 - 92 Lumens
SMD6 - 56 Lumens
SMD12 - 118 Lumens

The lack of information on the HP3 and HP5 is what brings me back to why I started this thread in the Diode Dynamics section. ;) If my info is correct and the stock bulb is a 50, then I'd need a SMD9 if I want to make it a bit brighter.

But I'd like to know what the difference is between the HP and the SMD line. Yes, I know it's the LEDs, but from a practical performance standpoint. For example. how well do they handle PWM dimming that the Cruze does? Or dispersion angle? I'm an engineer by training, and I don't like selecting something until I understand the differences between the products. Why else would multiple models from the same manufacturer exist that appear to do the same thing?

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
As far as I can tell, Chevy never specified the bulb type. I've looked in the owners manual and the service manual - I can't find it. Yes, Sylvania lists the 2825, but that's their guide. The W5W is what I found actually in the car.

Regardless, if you put any of those into DD's website, you end up with the 194 "line". As far as I can tell, the 194 is the same base - just perhaps not the same brightness. So that's where I come back to "what is the brightness compared to stock?"

What I'd like to see is DD doing a page for the Cruze like they did for the Camaro. (Some of the info on that page may answer my question - but I'm not sure what bulbs came stock in the Camaro.)
We fully intend to have a Cruze in our studio for comparison shots. Our team tests new cars here on a weekly basis

We are actively searching for a Cruze here in St. Louis

In the meantime, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033 or email us: [email protected] for more fitment information

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to make the map light to be illuminated while the doors are opened like the dome. Also I am having the Eco Chevy Cruze with the small DIC, can I change it to the larger DIC to view the tyre pressure, digital speed,.... Etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts