Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 448 Posts

·
Administrator
25,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I don't know about DT but I knew three weeks ago he was going to announce today. I had some inside information on this so I know it's a real run and not just a publicity stunt which some talking head commentators are saying. I also know that his comment about being the only candidate who won't need to take donations is valid. This doesn't mean he won't take them but he doesn't need to do so.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
So did DT get the Koch Brothers on Board ?
If not he will not get a second look .

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
VoTe for ME Brian V . as stated earlier there can be only be 3 possible choices to consider after much debate and careful manuevering , grandstanding and outright shennanigans all consideration will boil down to what darn Glorified machine does not faulter when pushed to the utmost limits of operation .

If this does not get Me over the top . I'll cheat !

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, my wife can't stand his looks, should take a couple of bucks he made by screwing people and hire a plastic surgeon. Wonder who his hair dresser is?

·
Administrator
25,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see a lot of reaction to Trump's TV show, but reading the reports from the winners of that show, they paint a picture of someone who keeps his word. Those winners have all said that he really did make them assistants and put them to useful work for a year that they could then go and apply elsewhere. How long do you think "The Apprentice" would have stayed on TV if it weren't so idiotic?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Look whether you like him or not, you have to give him credit as a business man. Maybe that is what the country needs. Surround a business man with the right cabinet members and we might just see USA rise again.

To Beelzebubba who said "If anyone was wondering what could possibly be worse than another Bush or Clinton, well, there's your answer" - explain yourself. Again, you don't have to like the guy but to just say that DT would be worse than Bush or Clinton proves your ignorance.

·
Administrator
15,615 Posts
"I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun."

- Donald Trump, 2000

I'd like to see if his position on this has changed.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
"I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun."

- Donald Trump, 2000

I'd like to see if his position on this has changed.
Agreed - but I don't necessarily have a problem with this. A lot people argue second amendment infringement forget that semi-automatic weapons didn't exist in 1791 so how do we regulate types of weapons. I can still buy a shotgun or rifle without a big deal but a handgun requires a huge waiting list and a permit.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Donald Trump can never be president. He may be very smart and have some great ideas and they may actually work and be great for this country. One problem though...and it's a big one...politicians, CAREER politicians will never work with him even if he was elected. They would try to destroy Trump. Because if Trump was successful in his 4 year run as president (if elected) with policy an guiding this country etc..., these career politicians would look **** silly. They won't take that risk...ever.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Ross Perot. The defense contractor billionaire. Lot's of good ideas that's for sure and he made too much sense. I liked him. He looked a friggin muppet and a wash cloth sex.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Look whether you like him or not, you have to give him credit as a business man. Maybe that is what the country needs. Surround a business man with the right cabinet members and we might just see USA rise again.

To Beelzebubba who said "If anyone was wondering what could possibly be worse than another Bush or Clinton, well, there's your answer" - explain yourself. Again, you don't have to like the guy but to just say that DT would be worse than Bush or Clinton proves your ignorance.

Here are the facts:
His financial behavior has not always been successful. He's been through bankruptcy 4x and openly admits to manipulating bankruptcy laws to enrich himself at the expense of society.
He's impulsive and prone to self-aggrandization more than accomplishing significant goals
His lone leadership quality is the ability to bully and he has not faced anyone willing to push back the way Congress will.
He does not have the team building ability beyond promoting his own narrow agenda
He has been repeatedly accused of fraud and untrustworthy behavior by business partners.
He is extremely prone to embrace uninformed positions. For instance: his whole birther flight of fancy. Like it or not, Barack Obama was born to Ann Dunham who met the criteria for a US Citizen. The same way that Ted Cruz is a US Citizen. It wouldn't matter if Obama was born in Red Square and Nikita Khrushchev himself was the mid-wife and Mao Zedong and Kim Il-Sung assisted. He would still legally be a US citizen
Anybody with a modicum of training in psychology would identify Trump as being a megalomaniac.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Agreed - but I don't necessarily have a problem with this. A lot people argue second amendment infringement forget that semi-automatic weapons didn't exist in 1791 so how do we regulate types of weapons. I can still buy a shotgun or rifle without a big deal but a handgun requires a huge waiting list and a permit.
The second amendment says "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" NOT A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed FOR FIREARMS OF THIS ERA IN HISTORY.
You seem to forget what the 2nd amendment says PERIOD.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Anyone who runs for president (almost everyone, I would excuse Romney actually) is a megalomaniac. A control freak. Has lied, manipulated, cheated..etc, so that is no reason to exclude Trump. Hillary is not qualified to run a garbage dump, but here she is, basically un-contested for the democratic nod.

·
Administrator
15,615 Posts
A few notes of consideration:

1. The right to bear arms exists independently of the second amendment. This has been ruled by the supreme court.
2. The second amendment is not limited to function within a militia.
3. In the federalist papers, Alexander Hamilton notes that the 2nd amendment is necessary to ensure the freedom of the people against a standing army.
4. George Washington: "the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference"
5. Richard Henry Lee: "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

Our right to bear arms exists independently of the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment simply reminds the government that we have that right. It is there for the purpose of self defense and the preservation of liberty.

From whom are we defending our liberty? Once you find the answer to that question, you will also realize that we are to own weapons of the same caliber, capacity, ability, and technology if we hope to succeed.

The founding fathers intended the 2nd amendment to guarantee that we can fight tyranny, even if that tyranny is from within our own borders. I can guarantee you they never envisioned citizens with bolt action rifles and shotguns fighting a tyrannical government with fully automatic machine guns.

Think deeply on what the purpose of the 2nd amendment was. It was not for hunting, and our founding fathers were not short-sighted. You have the misfortune of living in region with a well-developed state of tyranny.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
The multiple bankruptcies deter me from thinking that a man that has an issue with his own money, shouldn't be at the control deck of running an entire countries wealth. But that's just me.

1 - 20 of 448 Posts