Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Dorman 667-203

19047 Views 25 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  AK-cruz
We shall see how well the aftermarket turbo works! Going on the airboat so it will be put to the test hard. Rebuilding this one as cheap as possible to get going so I can take the other one and build a near bullet proof one with BNR parts.
Reactions: 1
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Mechguy78- Have you guys sold a lot of Dorman units? Or had complaints? It appears that you can get an OE GM for about $490 from dealers, but it doesn't have all the gaskets, nuts, and exhaust flange that the Dorman appears to have. A lot of those parts are available on Rockauto if you search by GM part number. They aren't listed in the car directory part of the catalog.

It seems like all the searches out there are aftermarket Turbo haters. Based on the Rockauto catalog Cardone is also doing a turbo rebuild on these. Lots of players coming into the market. But it's the time to do it again if their quality doesn't cut it.

Not sure of how many have been sold or if there are any complaints on them.
Got a chance to look at one of these. It does come with the manifold, wastegate actuator, gasket, studs, nuts, and clamps.

I found 3 stampings on the one I looked at. Made in China on the center section, A/R 40 on the exhaust housing and A/R 42 in the intake housing.
Any update how these Dorman turbos are working for everyone? My buddy's 2011 1.4L has a blown turbo and we have the Dorman on order. He's owned it since new and only has 66K miles. However he's known for never doing upkeep ever. Plan to install with new oil lines this weekend.
My 2014 Cruze has 170k on it and I had P0299 code and a P0420 code. Also, when the car is first started it runs great. Boost is up to around 15 psi. After it warms up boost never goes above 2.5 psi. So... I am looking at replacing the turbo and the cat.

Any update on the Dorman?
My 2014 Cruze has 170k on it and I had P0299 code and a P0420 code. Also, when the car is first started it runs great. Boost is up to around 15 psi. After it warms up boost never goes above 2.5 psi. So... I am looking at replacing the turbo and the cat.

Any update on the Dorman?
I tried the Dorman last autumn and it ran for less than 3k miles before it went. Blue smoke and stuttering misfire with no code insude.This was with mild exhaust and intake bolt ons and a ZZP tune set at no more than ~12-15psi average. I was able to return it but I don’t recommend. It’ll cost more in the long run if it goes early.
installed one on my 12 eco 6 speed and it **** the bed , doesnt build boost.. threw 0299 instantly .. oem i guess is the way to go .
21 - 26 of 26 Posts