Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...where is the sentence punctuation? It's difficult to tell where one thought ends and next begins--difficult to understand--sorry.

...looks like you're texting from an hand-held.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Interesting, on the 1.8L, does the stock muffler go straight back like that? I know on my 1.4 it sits under the trunk and the piping enters and leaves on the same side of the muffler... Suspension differences?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting, on the 1.8L, does the stock muffler go straight back like that? I know on my 1.4 it sits under the trunk and the piping enters and leaves on the same side of the muffler... Suspension differences?
yea the 1.8 was this big huge thing stuffed under the trunk im feelin a good 7-8hp its doesnt down shift as much when on the freeway it has passing power and also it shifts normally around 2500 rather than 3000 and thats driving easy following cars not being a slug

·
Registered
391 Posts
yea the 1.8 was this big huge thing stuffed under the trunk im feelin a good 7-8hp its doesnt down shift as much when on the freeway it has passing power and also it shifts normally around 2500 rather than 3000 and thats driving easy following cars not being a slug
Hmm, interesting that they didn't create the exhaust in the same configuration as stock. I wonder how it is mounted there.

From what I understand when the muffler is configured like it is stock (having a the tubing enter and exit on the same side) the muffler costs more.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, interesting that they didn't create the exhaust in the same configuration as stock. I wonder how it is mounted there.

From what I understand when the muffler is configured like it is stock (having a the tubing enter and exit on the same side) the muffler costs more.
alright the stock exhaust came into a big muffler reduced flow a buncchhhhhhhhhhhhhhch its came out of the resonater on the driver side and went into a big exhaust and then out the drive side,doug thorley took the big exhaust out and put this nice stainless in they did get it to hang in stock hangers and if you look under the bumber there is a mount there too the doug thorley is not going anywhere,when i got it first thing i did was kick it make sure it was sturdy and not gonna rattle(soorry for grammer im tried)

·
Registered
391 Posts
alright the stock exhaust came into a big muffler reduced flow a buncchhhhhhhhhhhhhhch its came out of the resonater on the driver side and went into a big exhaust and then out the drive side,doug thorley took the big exhaust out and put this nice stainless in they did get it to hang in stock hangers and if you look under the bumber there is a mount there too the doug thorley is not going anywhere,when i got it first thing i did was kick it make sure it was sturdy and not gonna rattle(soorry for grammer im tried)
Good to know. No worries on the grammar, I'm sure my editing abilities disappear when I'm tired as well.

Is Doug Thorley a local shop near your or do they make aftermarket exhausts? (I ask because I've never heard of them)

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WHHHHHAAAAATTTT you never heard of doug thorley they are probably the most reputable header company ever they've been around for 40-50 years

·
Registered
168 Posts
Please tell me hes working on one for the 1.4t??????????????????

·
Registered
391 Posts
WHHHHHAAAAATTTT you never heard of doug thorley they are probably the most reputable header company ever they've been around for 40-50 years
Lol nope. But im canadian, which probably accounts for why I've never heard of them :p

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Please tell me hes working on one for the 1.4t??????????????????
yea when i got my car back he was getting the 1.4 in next week so it out there now hes also thinkin of a header but with the cat right there its hard for legal reasons

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...Doug Thorley™ does d*mn good work!

·
Registered
168 Posts
yea when i got my car back he was getting the 1.4 in next week so it out there now hes also thinkin of a header but with the cat right there its hard for legal reasons

Good news. I kinda of figured that with the cat right there it would make a header or down pipe very difficult. Im wondering what is the stock diameter of the factory pipe?

Also what size is he upgrading that axleback too? I hope he keeps the price reasonable. axle back should be no more then 250 ish

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...especially in California (land of CARB...and not carbohydrates)!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Downloaded their installation instructions for the 1.8 L system and they were not written by an English major. Doesn't anyone proofread anything? A picture of the actual system and parts would be nice also.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts