Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 2 weeks, I have been contemplating either removing the muffler/silencer or purchasing the axle-back to remove both. Just seemed dumb to go the first route, spend $100 for it to be too loud and then purchase an axle-back after. $382 for the axle-back shipped to me door??? Yes please!!! Magnaflow $600, Borla $750, Doug Thorely FTMFW!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
You'd have to look at the pictures of the cat back but I believe it basically starts at the cat converter and includes everything back

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, wish I would have realized this sooner, lol. I have the mid-pipe from ZZP, so I just assumed the Borla/Magnaflow were axle-backs like the Doug Thorley exhaust.

Dissapointed now, haha. :(

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Yes Shawn your right, it connects to the stock cat and includes everything back. Hope this helps

You'd have to look at the pictures of the cat back but I believe it basically starts at the cat converter and includes everything back

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I thought about doing a straight pipe for silencer and muffler but felt it would be too loud. So I changed my mind and ordered the DT axle back...

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Yeah I thought about doing a straight pipe for silencer and muffler but felt it would be too loud. So I changed my mind and ordered the DT axle back...
How is that dt axle back working out? I looked on there site and only seen axle back for 1.8 not the 1.4t. Is it the same for both engines? How about a video of that sound.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How is that dt axle back working out? I looked on there site and only seen axle back for 1.8 not the 1.4t. Is it the same for both engines? How about a video of that sound.
Yes it fits for all Cruze models. I'll try and get you a video of the sound when I get a chance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts