Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

So, I am looking to purchase a downpipe. I solely care only for the spooling noise. However, I am trying to figure out if I need the midpipe also to get the loud spooling noise, or if the noise is all that I want am I okay with JUST the downpipe? Or to have the loud spooling do I need midpipe as well?

AKA: do I need to spend the extra $200. If it makes no difference then clearly I'll stick with just downpipe.

Let me know!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump..

·
Registered
213 Posts
The dp with stock exhaust had a little whistle, but once i added the mid catless with a muffler delete all you here is turbo now. My buddy has a supra, and he was surprised at the amount of turbo nose you hear.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I should do dp and mp? Not just dp?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd do dp and a custom mp might be cheaper. If you have a welder and an O'Reilly you can do it yourself pretty easily. I'm going to be doing a custom dp and mp soon. I'll try and take pics.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a Borla on mine and when I added the catless downpipe I got quite a bit of spool sound, especially if you were standing at the tail pipe. But once I added the catless midpipe with it, the whistle was WAY louder, inside and outside of the car. Especially with the windows down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts