Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my friend has a problem with his dpf.. Both the engine light and dpf light is on and he cant drive over 90km/h. He has replaced both the sensor and the dpf. Both lights went off but after a few km it came back on. It just wont go away. Can it be a clogged exhaust system or does anyone now what it can be? The fault code is P2463 and it comes back after a few km even after they are removed..
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,843 Posts
lol

dont tell us what sensor, what year, what engine or anything useful or anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, sorry im new here. Its the dpf exhaust differential pressure sensor... And the car is not a cruze but its a chevy so im trying to get info everywere. 2006, 2.0 vcdi
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,132 Posts
Oh, sorry im new here. Its the dpf exhaust differential pressure sensor... And the car is not a cruze but its a chevy so im trying to get info everywere. 2006, 2.0 vcdi
Can you post a picture of your engine, we have two versions in Australia and they are both different to the US one. Also is it turbo or non turbo.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,219 Posts
When you don't post the year and model and mileage, it is shooting in the dark to say the least, take it to a qualified dealer for service.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,652 Posts
I'd try to have a manual regen done before replacing the DPF. There was a time I thought my DPF was shot. That was 50K miles ago, and I am at 182K miles now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
Do you own a shop or something? With scopes, fancy scan tools, and all?

If not... Take it in. The dealer can diagnose the issue much faster than anyone on this forum. I'd say 90% of the problems people have on this forums are all solved by a dealer. The remaining 10% are just simply sensor replacements.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well dealers here want 100$ just to look at it, and i have obd tools and i have fixed this kind of problems before. It was at a dealer before the replacements but they did just delete the fault codes as i did. But it came back again and again so we called them and they said we should replace the sensor and the filtre and so we did. But now no one knows a ****. Troubles with dpfs is a common problem but this ones tricky.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,652 Posts
Is this the type of car?

2001-2006_Chevrolet_Cruze.jpg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,652 Posts
Nope its the Captiva. As on the picture just a white one. 2006 2.0 vcdi 150hp 196 000 km
Unfortunately, it seems like taking it to the dealer may be the only real option here. Personally, I would never have replaced the DPF without first trying a manual regen. Seems like one or more sensors are giving false readings.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top