Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Don't. Cleaning the dpf is not necessary even at 100K miles.

It's also not made to be removed very easilly. It's quite the task to get it out. It's certainly doable, but a truck stop is probably expecting the removal to take five minutes, not two hours. There's also the chance they will ruin something in the process. Both you and this shop do not want to have that situation. So I strongly advise you do yourself a favor as well as a favor to the shop to not go through with this.

But it's your choice. I looked through a bunch of their bulletins and found nothing about that information.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I looked at that FSX system, and I doubt it would work. Reason being is the DPF and cat are one unit that attaches to the turbo and to a three bolt flange at the bottom. This is possible by the curved 90 degree bends which are welded to the unit. This FSX system uses a high pressure nozzle to clean them out, but they wouldn't be able to access the filter without cutting. They could shove it in an oven, but that is what the regen does so what's the point there? And this is assuming it would fix your problem in the first place.

If your emissions are reading high I would almost blame a bad sensor, or even the DEF injector maybe. High NOx would probably be DEF or the NOx sensor, high PPM would be the DPF or the PPM sensor. If it's both, definitely the DPF then. I can't really tell without actually being there. However, you are at 142K miles, so it certainly wouldn't surprise me if the filter is damaged. I hate to say it but, forking over the 1.5K will probably be your best option here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.