Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering taking my DPF into a truck shop to have the DPF cleaned on a FSX DPF cleaning machine. Problem is they need to know what the vacuum and other pressures are so that they can insure it meets specs after being cleaned. Anyone know how to find that information?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer wants $1500 to replace the DPF filter and maybe the Cat as well, but not sure. Have CEL on and dealer said my emission levels were high, so am concerned about the DPF may be clogging up. Car has 142000 on it now. I see that Trucks have their DPF cleaned by this new FSX system that totally cleans them out to like new condition for few hundred. Of course, I have not gotten underneath my car yet to see how bad the job is to remove the DPF and maybe even the SCR. Wanted to see if anyone else has done this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I happen to pull in to the service station where I last filled up my car before most serious issues started. Fuel calibration truck was there so I asked him to dip tank for water in diesel. No water, but he said they have been mixing biodiesel with the diesel. I replaced the fuel filter and put in new diesel from Exxon and sputtering cleared up. I drive most everyday about 120 miles ea way to get to my job so it should be good on the regen. I will probably have to take it to dealer and have them do diagnostic again and see if they are still saying that I need to replace the DPF or if it is something else. Dealerships seem like they have become parts changers. CEL is still on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.