Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have Chevy Cruze 2011 Diesel (2,40000km). I had DPF issue so bought a new one and replaced it. After replacing I got to know that I need to update ECM. So I took my car to a mechanic and he managed to set soot level to 0. But even after that my DPF light was blinking. We also got throttle body issue at the same time but it was gone after some time.
Why this DPF light is blinking? I have new DPF and soot level was 0. I used my car for 4-5 days and I got code 84. So whenever I start my car I get code 84 (sometimes right after start and sometimes after 30 mins drive). I have also bought a new lambda sensor. Just for information my dpf has 3 sensors. While scanning there was no error from those sensors.

May be throttle body has some problem again, but code 84 is because of throttle body? is it possible?

Should I drive my car with high RPM? Does engine perform regen with code 84?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Code 84 is the generic, "Something is wrong, but I can't tell exactly what", code.

So it could be nothing much, or it could be, "I'm about to blow up".

Take it to a competent mechanic who understands small turbo-diesels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Code 84 is the generic, "Something is wrong, but I can't tell exactly what", code.

So it could be nothing much, or it could be, "I'm about to blow up".

Take it to a competent mechanic who understands small turbo-diesels.
I have been to mechanic, he cleaned throttle body and put it back then error was gone. but now again I got this P1022d which is related to throttle body. seems I have to change it in any case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts