Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 years of owning my 2014 diesel Cruze (with ZERO problems BTW after 71,000 miles) I finally got the nerve to dump the DPF, SCR, DEF and EGR system. On anything 50 HP over stock or less it has zero noticeable smoke or exhaust emissions. 50-65 over stock just a slight haze until the turbo fully spools. 65+ is where it starts to get fun, lol. Its nice to not be limited to the seriously restricted DPF. Will be taking it to the track soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How big a deal is it to do a DEF delete. We got our 2014 (22,500 miles) about a month ago. Been good so far but I am loosing faith reading some of the posts on here.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
next pay check i am buying it all. i wont install till power train is up. i fear if some how it goes off the market then im stuck with emissions bs

·
Registered
706 Posts
let me know how your mileage is

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Well at least there's a publicly available option once the time comes. I'm sure if it starts to give me problems I'll be going this route (after warranty is up of course).

Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am resisting the urge to delete my '15, so far. Fleece is only a 90 minute drive for me too. Only 6500 miles, but a little disappointed in the mileage I'm getting so far. Only getting about the same as my 6MT ECO got. Had hoped for at least 10% better than that.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am resisting the urge to delete my '15, so far. Fleece is only a 90 minute drive for me too. Only 6500 miles, but a little disappointed in the mileage I'm getting so far. Only getting about the same as my 6MT ECO got. Had hoped for at least 10% better than that.
Not sure where you do most of your driving, but keep in mind that the Eco is actually rated better city than the Diesel. So if you do a lot of city driving, getting the same as an Eco is pretty good. I would think that highway you should be getting at least 10% better though.

·
Registered
270 Posts
80% highway, give or take. Need to get a Scanguage and start monitoring what's going on, I guess.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not sure where you do most of your driving, but keep in mind that the Eco is actually rated better city than the Diesel. So if you do a lot of city driving, getting the same as an Eco is pretty good. I would think that highway you should be getting at least 10% better though.

I have a client(s) with ECO and they do better city, but nothing beats the diesel when we're talking mostly highway, not even the hybrids , who also have a city advantage. Remember, , diesels seem to be most efficient at a constant steady rpm for which the city is not conducive.

·
Registered
254 Posts
80% highway, give or take. Need to get a Scanguage and start monitoring what's going on, I guess.
Careful, your dealer may claim, as did mine , that the SC2 is the cause of the frequent regens I suffer. I think it's nonsense and so does Scan Gauge. Nothing in the firmware would cause a car to go into regen or alter the stock ECM.

Back on topic : Has anyone done a full delete plus added the larger Garrett and injectors???

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Is that with the delete? and how much of it is that I average about 45 if im nit doing mountain driving i want to do the delete for the emission crap issues im having gaining mpgs is a bonus and more power is even better
Deleted, I've seen about a 7-10 mpg increase since this mod. I drive mainly highway/interstate in southeastern Kentucky. Not a lot of big hills but there are very few flat sections. Either going up or down hill all the time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
706 Posts
Dam Brad how long ago was your delete

Reactions: BradHerr

·
Registered
254 Posts
Reactions: BradHerr

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
How big a deal is it to do a DEF delete. We got our 2014 (22,500 miles) about a month ago. Been good so far but I am loosing faith reading some of the posts on here.
Well, the OP said 71K miles with no problems. Personally, I have 182K miles on mine and the only emissions related part I needed to replace was an EGT sensor. YMMV. Some have not had as good of luck.

Reactions: Cudrowjr
1 - 20 of 20 Posts