Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, recently been having issues with my DPF, regen about every 300km..

I took the entire assembly off and had at it with a warm high pressure washer and a high pressure airgun to wash the remainig water out (this process took around 4-5 hours to completely flush), I also attached the DPF unit after cleaning it out with a flange to my mothers Pajero and gave it a few strong revs to push anymore out in a broader range than a little airgun. (Being a petrol it may have left some explosive residue and possibly ignited and burnt off any remaining soot).

It went into regen after 2 minutes of driving (as it will once removed) and only just had the first regen today after 1284 KM's in combination with diesel specific coolant, DPF safe oil and constant use of Caltex ultimate diesel.

This was done on a 2010 Cruze where the Catalytic Converter and the DPF are one unit so doing this will clean both at the same time.

Since doing this I have had amazing fuel economy and much better power delivery.

Will update when I have the next regen, I have reset my odo so we'll see if I can either beat 1284KM's or get close.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
You should call the shops and find out how they clean dpf's on semi's. Seems like i heard something about being soaked in a cleaning solution then baked.

Semis go around 350k miles before needing cleaned. Around 600k miles It's replacement time. That's been my experience but those trucks didn't have def. My last company traded his freightliners every 3 years. He was leasing them. So he never had to worry about about dpf. Trucks got traded in before needing attention.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been thinking of bulk ordering some sort of cleaner (haven't researched yet) and soaking it in there while swishing it around etc but time and funds eh?

I'm currently at 303893KM or 188830 miles. The car wasn't treated well in it's previous life and I'm slowly getting around to reversing the damage they done. (it was a grocery runner before I got it)

·
Site Sponsor
102 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Keep us updated on the next regen and your fuel economy trends.

Liqui Moly offers a DPF cleaner that people seem to like:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a bad idea but the exhaust temp sensor on our DPFS is located on the top of the canister so near impossible to do while still attached to the vehicle :(.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay that's two runs since doing the DPF clean with hot water and an airgun etc.

Last regen 1284 KM or 797 miles.

Regen just happened again at 1257 KM or 781 miles.

Also in addition to this information, theres no point in me making a new thread for it. I also took out the intercooler and cleaned it with hot water and degreaser, I also took the entire intake snorkel off from the airbox to behind the fender wall and infront of the radiator and cleaned all the dust and debris out of that and also painted it matte black.

The results of the above?
Previously -
Intake temperatures of 60+c or 140+f

After cleaning and (painting?) if that had anything to do with it
Intake temperatures of 19c~24c or 66f~75

Both temps were recorded on a brutal 40c or 104f Australian Summer.

And for some reason after doing all that work, coolant temperature has gone from 104c or (219f) at idle to 80c or (176f) with a +4 degree difference under load.

I have also installed T10 LED's and H4 LED Headlights to take off the load conventional T10 and H4 halogens draw at night time.

The difference?
Old T10 and H4 Halogen engine load? Between 43% and 48%

New T10 and H4 LED engine load? Between 21% and 24%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts