Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Fellow Cruze Owners!

My DPF took a dump due to the ineptitude of a mechanic, not my regular mechanic. Somehow the DPF was saturated by DEF, which damaged my DPF. My regular mechanic has done four (4) manual regens to no avail. My CEL keeps coming on with code P2002. This is the same code I had a couple of years ago, which led to the replacement of my DPF. I tried having that one cleaned, which did not work and warranted replacement. I am afraid that I am in the same situation with the same code now being the four (4) manual regens did not cure the problem. Thus, I feel it's inevitable that the DPF must be replaced …… AGAIN! UGH! Even though the DPF is under warranty through Chevrolet, there appears to be none available, and I feel I am going to be waiting months for one to surface. So, I thought I'd reach out to see if 1) Any Cruze Diesel owners have performed a DPF delete on his car and would be willing to sell me his DPF presuming he still has it (and it is in good working order); 2) If someone has one lying around he'd be willing to part with or; 3) If someone just happens to know the location of one!!

Does anyone know if the DPF from the European counterpart, the Opel Astra(?) with the 2.0 Diesel would work? If so, what's the part number?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Craig Lambert
Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have one on order with no ETA. I've wondered the same. Could it be this ?

I looked up the engine code and the engine itself looks very very similar. I just don't know how it lines up.

I also have a leaking fuel return line. I ordered a SAAB/ Bosch one on eBay. It's coming in from Germany.

I'm in the Phoenix metro as well. The heat really destroys plastic and rubber parts leading to bigger issues. I noticed some of the coolant hoses aren't very stout. I was thinking about preemptively replacing some before they become discontinued.

If you import something, let me know how it works out!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one on order with no ETA. I've wondered the same. Could it be this ?

I looked up the engine code and the engine itself looks very very similar. I just don't know how it lines up.

I also have a leaking fuel return line. I ordered a SAAB/ Bosch one on eBay. It's coming in from Germany.

I'm in the Phoenix metro as well. The heat really destroys plastic and rubber parts leading to bigger issues. I noticed some of the coolant hoses aren't very stout. I was thinking about preemptively replacing some before they become discontinued.

If you import something, let me know how it works out!
Well, I sent that very question to the company. The shape and bends of the pipes look the same, but the body is a bid different. I am just worried if the DPF body for the Opel Astra is too fat to fit on a Cruze. Not much room between the block and radiator.

What is the Bosch/SAAB DPF part number?

How long ago did you order the part?

As for discontinued hosed, the coolant inlet hose 13251460 IS discontinued. I had to order Opel Astra part 1818497 as a replacement. It's currently en route to me from Turkey. GM has discontinued this part. elygrosauto on eBay is a good source for Cruze hoses. You can search by elygrosauto on eBay to find its listings.

I am thinking I am going to start order parts from Europe to have on hand here to eliminate downtime being I use my car for Uber/Lyft, and I cannot rely on Chevrolet to keep part available for this car. Super frustrating and extremely ridiculous!

Thank you.

Craig

·
Registered
2014 Cruze Diesel
96 Posts
How in the world did someone get DEF into a DPF! Regardless, if it's just plugged with dried DEF and not ash plugged you could try taking it off and backflushing it with water. A lot of water. Eventually the dried DEF will dissolve away. You aren't going to regen that stuff away, once it dries inside the system it becomes like concrete, I had a decomp tube on a cummins system get clogged once and it took a lot of pressure washing to get it cleared out. Might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How in the world did someone get DEF into a DPF! Regardless, if it's just plugged with dried DEF and not ash plugged you could try taking it off and backflushing it with water. A lot of water. Eventually the dried DEF will dissolve away. You aren't going to regen that stuff away, once it dries inside the system it becomes like concrete, I had a decomp tube on a cummins system get clogged once and it took a lot of pressure washing to get it cleared out. Might be worth a shot.
Well, there is a place here that does the following process: The DPF is blasted out and then baked for 12 hours to break down all the settlements inside, and then it is blasted again to blow out all the excess buildup. I am not sure of the price... waiting on a quote.

·
Registered
2014 Cruze Diesel
96 Posts
That place is either using a FSX "air knife" setup or, more likely, a machine that just dumps one large volume or high pressure air all at once through the filter. Both are fine methods for cleaning under normal circumstances but I just don't see it getting dried and baked DEF out that way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello, Fellow Cruze Owners!

My DPF took a dump due to the ineptitude of a mechanic, not my regular mechanic. Somehow the DPF was saturated by DEF, which damaged my DPF. My regular mechanic has done four (4) manual regens to no avail. My CEL keeps coming on with code P2002. This is the same code I had a couple of years ago, which led to the replacement of my DPF. I tried having that one cleaned, which did not work and warranted replacement. I am afraid that I am in the same situation with the same code now being the four (4) manual regens did not cure the problem. Thus, I feel it's inevitable that the DPF must be replaced …… AGAIN! UGH! Even though the DPF is under warranty through Chevrolet, there appears to be none available, and I feel I am going to be waiting months for one to surface. So, I thought I'd reach out to see if 1) Any Cruze Diesel owners have performed a DPF delete on his car and would be willing to sell me his DPF presuming he still has it (and it is in good working order); 2) If someone has one lying around he'd be willing to part with or; 3) If someone just happens to know the location of one!!

Does anyone know if the DPF from the European counterpart, the Opel Astra(?) with the 2.0 Diesel would work? If so, what's the part number?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Craig Lambert
Phoenix, AZ
I've been waiting on a new dpf for 5 months as my 2104 CTD sits in the dealership. GM rep calls me every week to tell me they don't have any good news that any new dpfs have been arriving in the US. Good luck. Mine will be replaced under warranty so only genuine parts covered no aftermarket allowed. Frustrating indeed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been waiting on a new dpf for 5 months as my 2104 CTD sits in the dealership. GM rep calls me every week to tell me they don't have any good news that any new dpfs have been arriving in the US. Good luck. Mine will be replaced under warranty so only genuine parts covered no aftermarket allowed. Frustrating indeed.
I purchased a new DPF in February 2021 through a Chevrolet Dealer in Hendricks, NC, as my local dealer had NONE. This is the one that is being replaced, and it is being replaced under warranty, too. I have the new one on order. No ETA, however. This is ridiculous. I think we should launch a class action lawsuit against GM for not keeping parts readily available for the cars it manufactures and sells, especially the cars that are less than 10 years old! This is a sham. GM is trying to force us into buying new cars! F THAT!

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,016 Posts
I purchased a new DPF in February 2021 through a Chevrolet Dealer in Hendricks, NC, as my local dealer had NONE. This is the one that is being replaced, and it is being replaced under warranty, too. I have the new one on order. No ETA, however. This is ridiculous. I think we should launch a class action lawsuit against GM for not keeping parts readily available for the cars it manufactures and sells, especially the cars that are less than 10 years old! This is a sham. GM is trying to force us into buying new cars! F THAT!
Ah yes, the new cars they don't have because of the supply issues also causing parts to be impossible to get.

Got it. Real big sham there. Woah - you blew the doors right off it!

:unsure:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah yes, the new cars they don't have because of the supply issues also causing parts to be impossible to get.

Got it. Real big sham there. Woah - you blew the doors right off it!

:unsure:
I AM serious about a lawsuit. It's time we start holding these car manufacturers accountable! I use my car as part of my job, without my car, I cannot earn money to pay my bills!

·
Premium Member
2015 CTD
503 Posts
They should at least be required to give you a loaner vehicle until the parts come in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts