Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Out of the blue the driver and passanger windows got stuck open. I made a scan with the OBD2 and these codes poped up:

U1534 00(K9 BCM) LIN Bus 3 Lost Communication With Device 4 (M74D Window Motor - Driver)
U1538 00(K9 BCM) LIN Bus 3 Lost Communication With Device 8 (S79P Window Switch - Passenger)

The weird thing is that both windows stopped working at the same time, so I guess it has nothing to do with the motor. I have already tried to close one of them from the passenger side but it did not work. The passenger windows in the rear are working fine.

I have also noticed something else: whenever I turn the keys to postition one (before ignition), it is expected to see all the pointers in the painel move, however the engine rotation and speedometer pointers do not rotate. Any ideas on what could have happened?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes and it did not work. :/ I have also checked all transparent fuses.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Seems strange you'd have problems on both sides at the same time. Was any work done on the car? I'm thinking something got pulled.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems strange you'd have problems on both sides at the same time. Was any work done on the car? I'm thinking something got pulled.
I know, right? Nothing was done on this car. The last problem I had was the famous negative battery cable, but this was over a year ago, the car was working fine until now. I think this problem is with a module connected to the BCM or something. I do not think it has to do with the motors pushing the windows. And as I mentioned, the pointers in the panel also stopped working at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update 1:

The problem is intermittent - it comes and goes. A few days back the problem vanished and the car was completely normal, now it's back. I am guessing it has something to do with the negative cable I changed months back. The question is: why did it take so long to happen?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts