Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Driver Seat Makes Annoying Cracking Noise

10723 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  BlakeCary
The seat makes a cracking noise when I sit in it, hit a bump or take a turn. It's very annoying. It feel like it is coming from underneath the headrest on the seat.

I leased my Cruze back in Aug 2014, and was wondering if this would be covered under some type of warranty?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Mine make a creaking sound as well. Like it's rubbing against something. For some reason my driver seat seem to be closer to the center console than the passenger seat. As in close enough to rub it. I'll have to investigate more.

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
My drivers seat bottom does this from time to time, all I need to do is tweak where I have the power seat a bit and it will quiet down. My passenger seat back was also was creaky, but seems to have worn in. Never had this problem with other cars, seems to be poor quality seat frame materials.

· Premium Member
3,857 Posts
For some reason my driver seat seem to be closer to the center console than the passenger seat. As in close enough to rub it. I'll have to investigate more.
My old '92 Saturn SC was like this. loosened the console screws and slid it over to center it between the seats.

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Goose-

After removing these seats, and the seat covers for installing heated seats, I'm interested in what they may find. I'm guessing that a clip that holds the fabric cover tight, and is typically attached to the springs at the back of the middle of the seat is the culprit.

Or the clips on the seat cover that go across the airbag module.

Looking in that area can be done by unzipping the zippers on the rear back seat cover.

Good luck

· Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I'm in the dealer right now complainING about the noise with the seat click noise towards the upper back. Can't find anything on it.
Hey there,

We can definitely understand your frustrations with this, and we would be more than happy to look into this further for you. Feel free to send us a private message and include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to your updates.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.