Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day due to the very cold weather here up north I tried rolling down the window and after a few seconds of not realizing it wasn’t rollling down the window stayed up, while the motor sounded like it was still running. So today I took it in to the shop. Simply as stated in their report it “ fell off clamps” and “ no damage was done”. To my surprise it took them 2.5 hours long to repair this. And $130 all in labor. Now personally I thought that took too long to pop off the driver panel but I never have done it before. I’m looking to a few people that may have done this before to access the window for whatever reason, but does it really take an hour for you to take off the door panel than another hour to put the door panel back on? I’d do it myself to see but it’s too cold outside.

It’s a 2016 Chevy Cruze the basic model

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
So the other day due to the very cold weather here up north I tried rolling down the window and after a few seconds of not realizing it wasn’t rollling down the window stayed up, while the motor sounded like it was still running. So today I took it in to the shop. Simply as stated in their report it “ fell off clamps” and “ no damage was done”. To my surprise it took them 2.5 hours long to repair this. And $130 all in labor. Now personally I thought that took too long to pop off the driver panel but I never have done it before. I’m looking to a few people that may have done this before to access the window for whatever reason, but does it really take an hour for you to take off the door panel than another hour to put the door panel back on? I’d do it myself to see but it’s too cold outside.

It’s a 2016 Chevy Cruze the basic model
How many miles do you have on that basic CRUZE? This should be covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile new car warranty, had that happen on my trip from Miami to Los Angeles in the Sonata, it was snowing that day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah they did and it didn’t take them that long before, but it was under warranty. So I’ll probably ask to see if they have all the work I’ve ever had on the car done and maybe find something to show them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure if their computers will go back that far but I’d assume they keep record of it with the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts