Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 Cruze Eco purchased new in October 2011. About one year later, I had to replace the windshield wiper blades, as I live in the Pacific Northwest. However, I could not just buy the blades, I had to purchase new wipers. I have tried different makes of new wipers over the years, but the driver side wiper does not slides smoothly. It always scrapes the windshield with a bad noise and leaves marks.

This seems to be design issue as the original driver side wiper had a spoiler to increase contact pressure on the glass. I have spoken with our local dealer who has no solution. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to solve this nerves irritating problem? Many thanks.

Georges Hebrant

·
Registered
325 Posts
Clean your glass really well. Perhaps with either a clay bar or 0000 steel wool.
I've heard that stuck-on crud on the windshield will make the best wipers wipe like crap.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
I own a 2012 Cruze Eco purchased new in October 2011. About one year later, I had to replace the windshield wiper blades, as I live in the Pacific Northwest. However, I could not just buy the blades, I had to purchase new wipers. I have tried different makes of new wipers over the years, but the driver side wiper does not slides smoothly. It always scrapes the windshield with a bad noise and leaves marks.

This seems to be design issue as the original driver side wiper had a spoiler to increase contact pressure on the glass. I have spoken with our local dealer who has no solution. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to solve this nerves irritating problem? Many thanks.

Georges Hebrant
It is very hard to find refills these days, went the way of the Pay Toilets. I bought these Trico Wipers for 10 bucks, cheaper than getting refills any day!
https://www.wiperbladesusa.com/chevrolet/cruze/2014/how-to-change-wiper-blades#tabs-30

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
An old, but still applicable TSB:

Wiper and Washer Systems: All Technical Service Bulletins
Cleaning For Procedure Chattering Wiper Blades
Bulletin Number: 91-10-8
Reference Number: 031066
Publish Date: 11/90
Subject: CHATTERING WIPER BLADES OR BLADE WIPEABILITY (CLEANING PROCEDURE)

Models
Affected: 1982-1991 ALL MODELS
This bulletin cancels and replaces bulletin 87-10-4 issued 10/86. Please discard
bulletin 87-10-4.

Condition:
Chattering and poor wipeability comments may be due to the windshield glass and/or
wiper blades becoming contaminated by insect residue, dirt, road grime, car wax etc.

Correction:
1. Clean the windshield glass with GM # 1050011 (Bon Ami) glass cleaner or
equivalent.

Important: The glass is clean when rinse water does not "bead-up", but
"sheets" across the entire glass surface. Multiple cleanings
may be required to remove all contaminants.

2. Clean the wiper blades by using a cloth that has been saturated with full
strength washer solution and wipe vigorously. Rinse the blades with water after
cleaning.

[HR][/HR]

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Reactions: Tomko
1 - 8 of 8 Posts