Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2015 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4 Turbo. I Recently had to change the window regulator and after reconnected the negative battery cable are reprogramming the windows, the window goes down but when going up the window goes up about 3 inches then stops. When you grab the top of the glass to try to help the window to roll up it wants to go down do its like playing tug of war with the window. The only time the window goes up and down by itself is when your reprogramming the windows after the cable is reconnected or when you unplug the wiring harness from the window regulator motor then plug it in again. This is the only time the window goes up and down on its own. Someone told me that there is a sensor for the window. Is there truth to that and where would the sensor be located

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
There probably is a sensor. It might be internal to the motor. Is there a way to change how the window is attached such that what the motor thinks is all the way up really is all the way up? Perhaps removing a wheel or gear to reposition?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue on my son’s 2016 cruze. I put a new regulator in after the clips broke and now the window rolls up and down a time or two during the relearn procedure, then only rolls up 3-4 inches. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue here everyone, wish I had an answer. I replaced mine with the Dorman from Autozone and they instruct to reprogram just like the owners manual but it just won’t take it. No matter how long you hold the button up/down it will work fine until I try the one touch or whatever you call it. It moves up about 4 inches/down one like its hit an obstruction. Can’t believe someone else hasn’t had this in the past and figured what the fix is. Any ideas anyone. I’ll keep looking! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you reprogramming correctly? You hold the switch down in the first position, not the express down, and continue holding for several seconds after the window has bottomed out. Do the same on the up then test. Some windows have pressure sensors that will stop and lower the window if it thinks its hitting an obstruction like a finger, doesn't sound like the issue here though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That may be it! I bet I was holding all the way down on the switch and not on the first indent. Will give this a shot in the morning and follow up. Thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts