Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2014 Australian Cruze and am having an issue with the drivers window. When I am driving, the drivers window will start to go down, then stop, sometimes it will go all the way down. Usually I can put it back up straight away, but sometimes there is dwell in time before it goes up. At first I though it was the window driver switch, so I replaced it from a wreckers and took it for a long drive. Initially it seemed fine, but after a couple of days, and 200Km travelled, it started doing it again. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so how was it resolved?
Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks,

·
Registered
783 Posts
Sounds like you either have a wiring problem (chafed wires or chewed by some kind of animal) or a BCM that's going bad.

Reactions: grs1961

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Will, I am looking into how to reprogram a second hand BCM. If I had chafed wiring wouldn't it throw an error code as it's a CAN bus ? So for now I just pulled the fuse so the window will stay up until I can get it sorted.

·
Registered
783 Posts
No idea on it throwing a code honestly. I was thinking wiring because of the randomness to it. If the harness rubbed through and the window signal wire is touching a ground point and then the BCM thinks the switch is being pressed.

·
Administrator
25,448 Posts
Thanks Will, I am looking into how to reprogram a second hand BCM. If I had chafed wiring wouldn't it throw an error code as it's a CAN bus ? So for now I just pulled the fuse so the window will stay up until I can get it sorted.
It's not a CAN bus into the door. There are wires going into the door that connect to the CAN bus under the dash. It could be frayed wires in the door. My first suspicion though, is a faulty switch, as that's a mechanical item that gets a lot of wear and tear as well as potentially wet from rain or snow.

·
Registered
783 Posts
It's not a CAN bus into the door. There are wires going into the door that connect to the CAN bus under the dash. It could be frayed wires in the door. My first suspicion though, is a faulty switch, as that's a mechanical item that gets a lot of wear and tear as well as potentially wet from rain or snow.
He said he replaced the switch and it was fine for about 200km's but it's doing it again so I'm thinking wiring

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2014 Australian Cruze and am having an issue with the drivers window. When I am driving, the drivers window will start to go down, then stop, sometimes it will go all the way down. Usually I can put it back up straight away, but sometimes there is dwell in time before it goes up. At first I though it was the window driver switch, so I replaced it from a wreckers and took it for a long drive. Initially it seemed fine, but after a couple of days, and 200Km travelled, it started doing it again. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so how was it resolved?
Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks,
Does the driver's window support auto-down and auto-up (RPO AXG)? Or auto-down only (RPO AEC)?

There are two drawings for this, and the electronics are different, seemingly more so than necessary. If that can be narrowed down, I'll study the drawing to see if I can help.

Of course, this assumes my driver's door drawings are valid for both left-hand-drive and RHD <fingers crossed>.

Doug

·
Registered
917 Posts
Of course, this assumes my driver's door drawings are valid for both left-hand-drive and RHD <fingers crossed>
Unless you have the diagrams for an Australian-built Cruze, it doesn't matter. The electrics (and electronics) are different.

To the OP - go to the ACDelco site, <ACDelco TDS> pay your AUD28 for three days access, and get the right wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the good info. I think it was the BCM.. i had a second key programmed a month back and have been using it until this problem. So now I have stopped using it. I disconnected the battery for a while to clear it and went back to using the original key. It hasnt had the issue since , so I suspect it was an issue with the new key. I will update in a few weeks. As a back up, i have purchased a tool of ebay to reprogram the BCM, and will get a second hand one from the wreckers. Thanks again this is a great resource cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the driver's window support auto-down and auto-up (RPO AXG)? Or auto-down only (RPO AEC)?

There are two drawings for this, and the electronics are different, seemingly more so than necessary. If that can be narrowed down, I'll study the drawing to see if I can help.

Of course, this assumes my driver's door drawings are valid for both left-hand-drive and RHD <fingers crossed>.

Doug

Hi, the drivers window is auto up and down, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts