Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I enjoy driving more in Tiptronic mode. Yes, I I'd much rather have a manual but it wasn't my choice.

Is driving everyday using Tiptronic bad for the engine or transmission?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
0-30mph city driving I use light throttle and full automatic mode, once in M5 speed range I use manual mode the rest of the time. I have just under 100,000 miles and have noticed no extra wear using the transmission & shifter as designed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks , I will stick to driving in manual mode, unless specified otherwise. It's just more engaging and fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same with me. I'm the first owner of my 2014 LT Cruze and use the slap shift frequently because I do a lot of city driving. So far I've accumulated 45,500 miles with no engine or transmission problems.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I enjoy it for one specific ramp by my house where you come off one highway and jump onto another. But the ramp is a shared on ramp/off ramp, so I use the manual mode to put my rims around 1800 so that I can shoot right out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I use manual mode quite a lot in the winter especially when the engine is still cold as that transmission just refuses to shift and I prefer to keep the rpms low. Does take a little longer to warm up that way, but that has been minimized since we bought a new place with a semi-heated attached garage.

·
2,254 Posts
I use manual mode on entrance ramps and on the curvy roads I live around. It's nice to figure out the power band and come out of a corner with some good momentum.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I use it a lot. Especially when I am down town doing a lot stop and go. I think it saves the transmission since it isn't hunting when you are not going that fast. I do enjoy it to. Ever since I put it all Amsoil transmission fluid it shifts a lot better in manual mode.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use manual mode quite a lot in the winter especially when the engine is still cold as that transmission just refuses to shift and I prefer to keep the rpms low. Does take a little longer to warm up that way, but that has been minimized since we bought a new place with a semi-heated attached garage.
Definitely why I use it in winter as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts