Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the sonic forum someone posted that the k&n filter part # was the same for the 1.4 and 1.8. So does this mean that the aem dry flow filter may fit our 1.4 airboxes? Or is our filters a different size than sonics?

· Registered
1,160 Posts
It will not fit the cruze.I emailed them a while back to see if they were going to make a filter for the 1.4 cruze.They said there was no leed time or a plan to make the filter yet.So i bought the K&N

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They make no sense. Arm makes a filter for the 1.6 and 1.8 but the 1.4 is the more popular car. They don't even make one for the sonic. They do make one for the aveo and according to sonic owners, the aveo and sonic use the same filter.

· Registered
1,160 Posts
correct i thought they made no sense to ! What the heck the K&N replacement for the 1.4 will out flow anything anyway.I have one in mine with the complete stock intake.And i dont think there is any problem supplying all the air the engine needs with my aggressive 93 octane Vtune.

· Registered
990 Posts
At one time AEM was looking for test cars for the cruze but that was last year.

From what I was told they do make a drop in for the 1.4

[email protected]

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Well i asked fairly recently and they said no.If you go to there web sight it also shows no application

· Registered
236 Posts
I just don't understand how they thought they were gonna make money with making a 1.8 filter over a 1.4
I don't think they thought that through at all. Seems to me like they just had access to the 1.8 but not the 1.4. They probably decided to do a test run of 1.8s and when they didn't sell well they put the 1.4 development on the back burner so to speak and went after more popular cars instead.

I'm just guessing though, someone at AEM may have a different take on it, especially if it's one of those canned official statements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.