Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this code yesterday and have not been able to find much information online. I'm curious to know if anyone has ran into an issue with this before. Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
NOx Sensor 1 Performance - Signal Low. You have a NOx sensor issue, very common in these cars. It is most likely soot covered. Just to be sure check the car for intake and exhaust leaks, but the sensor most likely needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car only has 40,000 miles and right before this happened my car was overheating. I looked around under the hood and noticed the coolant reservoir was very low and the cap was not closed all the way. Maybe it was left open after it was serviced for an oil change? I added a 50/50 mix that I mixed myself with distilled water and then that dtc came up the next day. Not sure of that could have affected it?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just making sure, this car is a diesel correct? Diesels don't usually have any coolant leaking issues like the gas cars. It could have been left open or came loose. This would not affect the sensor unless it somehow spilled onto it (which is almost impossible). The intake clamps can come loose, and there is an issue where the bolts in the exhaust can rust and break, but I would almost guarantee the sensor is at fault.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it's a diesel. I haven't had any more coolant issues since I topped it and secured the cap. Would this nox sensor be the reason my mpg has been dramatically affected? Also is this a part that would fall under the emissions warranty?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Strangely, my car was low on coolant too. Noticed it last week. Maybe they didn't fill them from the factory. I suppose it could affect MPG. Might be emissions warranty, might not be. Everyone here has had different experiences.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Yes it's a diesel. I haven't had any more coolant issues since I topped it and secured the cap. Would this nox sensor be the reason my mpg has been dramatically affected? Also is this a part that would fall under the emissions warranty?
The specific components for emissions warranty are listed in the owner's manual. I can't remember if that one's listed or not and I'm not near my owner's manual at the moment. I had my exhaust gas temp sensor replaced under warranty at 61K miles, but I think others needed to pay. Seems like it's up to the dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
NOx Sensor 1 Performance - Signal Low. You have a NOx sensor issue, very common in these cars. It is most likely soot covered. Just to be sure check the car for intake and exhaust leaks, but the sensor most likely needs to be replaced.
Hello. Do you think both NOX sensors should be replaced or just the one that screws directly into the DPF? I know there is one by the DPF Back pressure Sensor toward the rear of the car. I am having issues with Code P2002.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts